Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul43

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
San Antonio Tx
I had been looking for an iPad mini 2 for a while now, and was willing to go the refurb route, I've had good luck before with refurbs from walmart.com, so about 2 weeks ago I had found an actual iPad mini "3" 64GB for $350. so it took me a couple of days to make my mind up, I go back to buy it, and it was sold out. so I put a reminder notification in for when they stock up again. late last night I get a notification, but wait till today to buy it. I bought it, then told a buddy of mine to get one, he logs in, and they are sold out again. these go very fast. looks like I'll hold on to this one for the long haul. 64GB is what I've always wanted

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Congratulations!!
My next iPad Mini will be 64gb as well. I'm currently using as 32gb rMini2 and wish I had more elbow room. I'm waiting for the 4 to come out but will snap one up as soon as they are released. I'm using an iPhone 6, so I find myself holding the home button on my rMini like a dupe. lol
Enjoy your purchase :apple:

Last edited:

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
I had been looking for an iPad mini 2 for a while now, and was willing to go the refurb route, I've had good luck before with refurbs from walmart.com, so about 2 weeks ago I had found an actual iPad mini "3" 64GB for $350. so it took me a couple of days to make my mind up, I go back to buy it, and it was sold out. so I put a reminder notification in for when they stock up again. late last night I get a notification, but wait till today to buy it. I bought it, then told a buddy of mine to get one, he logs in, and they are sold out again. these go very fast. looks like I'll hold on to this one for the long haul. 64GB is what I've always wanted
Congratulations, you got an awesome deal, especially if you consider that a year ago, and iPad Mini 2 64GB would have cost you $599!

paul43

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
San Antonio Tx
Congratulations, you got an awesome deal, especially if you consider that a year ago, and iPad Mini 2 64GB would have cost you $599!

true. it showed up, and to me it seemed more like a return than a refurb. it didn't have plastic on it, and the box was a bit dented on the edges, and it had one tiny smudge on the back of the tablet, but the screen was mint. so I figured, well I can always return it, so I've used it for 2 days now, and everything's great!

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
true. it showed up, and to me it seemed more like a return than a refurb. it didn't have plastic on it, and the box was a bit dented on the edges, and it had one tiny smudge on the back of the tablet, but the screen was mint. so I figured, well I can always return it, so I've used it for 2 days now, and everything's great!
That's not what I've heard people say from refurbed Apple products, but if you're satisfied, that's all that matters!

iceman42

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
they put a new battery and a new shell on it and test to see if it working properly.

iceman42

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
walmart is not to resell it if its been open.they have to send it back to apple if its been open.that just proves how walmart is run.im sure prized that you got a iPad instead of a dummy one.

iceman42

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
i would rather buy it from apple refurbished store than buy it open from walmart or target and best buy

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
they put a new battery and a new shell on it and test to see if it working properly.

walmart is not to resell it if its been open.they have to send it back to apple if its been open.that just proves how walmart is run.im sure prized that you got a iPad instead of a dummy one.

i would rather buy it from apple refurbished store than buy it open from walmart or target and best buy

You're replying to posts that are almost three months old.

Reactions: imlovinit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.