iPad mini Just Bought An iPad rMini, Have Setup Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rodster, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

I just joined the rMini camp. I got the 16GB White/Silver from Best Buy website. I have an iPad 2 and iPad 3 synced to my Mac Mini. I have a boat load of websites on both my iPad's.

Is it possible to sync those websites from my Mac Mini when my rMini arrives or do I need enter them all over again?

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Why not just use icloud? It will sync all your bookmarks across all your devices.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

If you use the same Apple ID all of your bookmarks should sync.

4. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

I quit using it because iCloud messed up all my bookmarks. It for some reason downloads all the previous bookmarks that I have deleted. So that's why I prefer just to sync via iTunes.

5. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

If you have iCloud with Safari synced across your account. All your bookmarks will sync with all your devices.

I have a iPhone, iPad and a Mac Mini... The iCloud Tabs work with all my devices along withy my bookmarks.

6. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks, is the limit still 5 iDevices per account?

7. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I never had any problems with my bookmarks... And I've never synced through iTunes.

I try to avoid iTunes as much as possible :)

8. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Has never worked for me that way but then again I just purchased a Mini but I have not linked my Mac Mini with iCloud.

9. danny_w macrumors 601

Bookmark sync has naver worked for me since ICloud but I too just got a Mac Mini so maybe I will try it again.

10. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Maybe you should give it ago, it's worth a second try.

I like how u can view my tabs across my devices, I have tons of bookmarks with folders to keep it manageable.

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Chrome will sync as well. I've never had problems with iCloud bookmark sync though. It's probably the easiest solution to use. Sounds like you just need to sort out why you specifically had problems with it versus trying to find a workaround.

12. sixrom macrumors 6502a

After using iCloud with less than acceptable results, I decided to sync my Chrome browsers. It's fast, easy and is typical of Google, very reliable. Plus Google provides you with more options than most, it's one of their core strengths. A good portion of the Apple experience is enhanced when one uses Google.

13. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for all the suggestions but the easy solution at least for me is to sync the device with iTunes on my Mac. It works every time and it even restores all my settings and wallpapers. :)

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The limit is only for computers and for iTunes media only.