just bought an ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by utl768, Jan 7, 2011.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

am i dumb for not waiting

all those retina displays voice chatting and camera stuff was meaningless to me

ill mostly use this as a book reader, watching movies between classes, taking notes, and browsing the web when my professor gets boring

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If that's all you plan on using it for, you'll be fine.

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

congrats

you bought a great device....the one that set the bar for all the others to try and get up to

you'll be very pleased!

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Good for you! I'll be keeping hold of mine, as it serves as my bed Internet browser and email checker. You won't be disappointed.

5. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I just got mine. I planned for it to replace my PC. Right now, my PC is only for web browsing. I can download with my phone & iPad & just fire up the PC for a way to store info as I offload it from the iPad. I knew that an iPad 2 would be out sometime before or around April. I know that there will be improvements. I've been wanting an iPad for 3 months & finally pulled the trigger. I don't feel like I've made a mistake & neither should the OP.

6. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Yeah the iPad 2 isn't going to be that much of an upgrade unless you need cameras. I don't so had no interest in waiting.

7. forcetactic macrumors 6502

return it and buy one 3 months later. apple's going to announce it in 1 month or so

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Retina displays might be something to be jealous about if you plan to use the ipad for reading, movies and browsing the web.

9. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

you are dumb.

retina alone is worth it.

lol I kid sort of ;)

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Don't worry about it really it's a great tablet. I got one for Xmas I love it. If the need comes around to get the new one.. Say my parents get it and Lerner how to use FaceTime, which I highly doubt.. Then I might get it.. But no ipad2 for me...

11. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I think it will also be a dual core, more RAM (maybe 1 Gig),bigger memory (128gb), and gyroscope, too.

12. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I hope this was tongue-in-cheek.

OP, congrats on your new purchase! I waited until December because I (honestly) didn't know there was anything beyond the 16GB wi-fi version, and when I found out I was wrong, did my "homework" and bought my 64GB 3G version from Apple. You're gonna love it! I take mine everywhere around the house and have spent more days than not, ever turning on my desktop. I love it! I "hit" the home button and am on the Internet instantaneously instead of 5 minutes later. There's so much more than I thought I could ever do! You're gonna be so happy that you bought it as opposed to not[/ b] having one! There are so many people who want an iPad who are missing out because they're so determined to wait for so much longer! You likely, like me, will likely not even feel that you even want, let alone need, the iPad2. Trust me, I've had mine nearly a month, and don't need a camera for my iPad! Enjoy your new "fun machine" while others sit and wish they had one! ;)

13. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Nope I wish. The people who have already bought the iPad will obviously suggest the OP buy it so they can feel like they've justified their purchase, while people who have not bought it will suggest to wait in general.

Since most of the people here have an iPad I'm assuming, they'll suggest you buy one so they don't feel left out when everyone gets an iPad 2.

The iPad as I've said before is only 1 month from announcement. If we did not know a rough announcement date and it was only halfway through its cycle.....you might be conflicted, but the answer is rather blatant here.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

15. illini71 macrumors member

Still along time to wait for something marginally better.

16. Itxdjx macrumors member

My sister in law wants to buy her boyfriend and iPad so she got a 500 apple gift card (he will pay the rest) but she asked me if she should just buy it so he has one now or wait for the 2 (he docent know about it yet). I mean I wouldn't want to have to wait to buy my iPad if I didn't have it and new I could get it! he is already jelouse of this guy that he sees on his commute to work everyday with his iPad.

But I told her to wait the reason being back in 2007 when the first iPhone he waited till around this time in 2008 to get the first gen iPhone HE WANTED IT SOO BAD! And Lowe and behold the 3G came out a month later he was pretty discouraged! So in his case I'm making her wait for the 2 so he docent have a repeat of the iPhone!

SO OP if you think you'll have any type of buyers remorse when number two comes out then just return and wait, what ever you decide you'll love both iPad one or two. But number two is coming out and it will be better, even if just slightly, still better! And they always hold back something from the first generation

In my opinion loving the iPad 1 for 4 months until 2 come out < waiting four months for iPad two and loving it for a year before 3 comes out...

17. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm not going to lie. An iPad with a higher resolution display would be better at all of those things, especially book reading.

18. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I hate to break it to ya, but the OP already bought an iPad. What's not to like? You secretly wish you had one, don't ya? :p

19. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I bought mine last week, very happy with the purchase. If a new one comes out in the next few months then it's not suddenly going to make the old one crap.

20. forcetactic macrumors 6502

He could still return it assuming he just bought it. I'm perfectly happy with my i4/laptop combo. I don't see a need for an iPad but everybody has different preferences

21. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Dude, congrats on the purchase. You won't be disappointed in the least bit because you bought it for exactly what the iPad was designed to do.

For all of those that say wait because I don't have one yet either, please:rolleyes:. He bought the a device that is going to give him everything he is looking to do and more. Those of you who are waiting obviously want something more than the original post wants.

If you decide that in April the iPad 2 is worth the upgrade to you, you can always sell and buy a new one. It may cost you a $100-$150 but hey, that the price to play I guess. I imagine you won't upgrade until V3.

Again, congrats, and enjoy.