Just Bought An Iphone 4 :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrT21, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MrT21 macrumors newbie

right guys,
    i need some help! My mum and dad have just given me an iphone 4 for christmas,i was just wondering if there is a way of still getting a free bumper case and how?
    Thanks in advanced
    -MrT21-

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you already dropping calls?

The only way is to prove to an Apple Store employee that your phone is dropping calls.

3. MrT21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm left handed tho?
    i was just wondering if i emailed apple explaining my situation would they be able to send me one out?

4. Ann P, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

Ann P macrumors 68020

You can be right-handed for the sake of the "situation". ;) The free bumper program ended a while ago so probably not. Tell them that you're experiencing dropped calls like saving107 suggested, its worth a try.

5. MrT21 thread starter macrumors newbie

;) i might be :D
    im just wondering if i contacting apple by phone/email and stated the "situation" and that of dropped calls and signal dropping dramatically,
    Do you guys think they will?

6. danetello macrumors 6502

I am not sure about you, but when I bought my iPhone 4 from 3 a week ago they gave me a free black bumper case. Where did you buy yours from?

7. bdeitemeyer macrumors member

Have the receipt handy and take it to your local Apple Store, talk to a salesperson and pick their brain. They should be able to help, especially if you can show them that there is in fact a signal issue that you can replicate.

8. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

Yes there is:

1. Call apple care
    2. Tell them that the reception your place is not that good and sometimes while you hold your iPhone in your hand your signal drops.
    3. They will ask you to try to restore your iPhone to factory settings, create new account on your mac etc. (some steps you will need to go through)
    -if you tell them you are calling from an iphone now they will probably tell you you should do these steps and call them back - you can just call them in few hours
    4. Tell them it didn't help and they'll send you a black bumper

9. MrT21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah my parents bought mine from apple store in cardiff,
    im planning on phoning apple tomorrow to see and explain the situation to them
    hopefully i will have some good news for you guys :)
    at least cardiff won today :D

10. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

There is an app for that :) Just look for "i Phone4 Case Program" in the app store. I got my free bumper a month ago with this app and you should get yours too :)

But I do not use it that often most of the time I use the phone as it is and did not have any issues. I hold my phone with the left hand and did not have significant signal loss or dropped calls yet. I cant see any better reception with a bumer so i only put it on the phone if i go hiking or do other activity where a it is nice to get a better grip on the phone.

Btw I use the incase Snap on Case in black. It is slim, looks nice and provides a silky grip.

11. phearx macrumors regular

Reply from Apple: Become ambidextrous, not a big deal...

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Left handers normally hold the phone with their right hand. No problem. :p

13. prestomusic macrumors regular

IMHO, the free bumper that came with my iPhone 4 was rubbish, and I much prefer the one that I paid for, a whopping $15. Skin Jelly it was. Go get yourself a decent one!