Just bought an iphone: newb questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benzy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Benzy macrumors member

Hi all, I just got my iphone 3G and I'm very happy with it :D

Here are some newb questions:

* My iphone is currently sync'd to my home network via wifi so it's all good. But what if I wan't to use 3G? Do i have to setup the 3G connection or it's all stored in the sim card?

* Does "pressing the home button" quit the active app? Is it possible to run apps like Fring in the background?

* My wallpaper is not showing. I'm in Settings -> wallpaper -> set wallpaper but it's still not showing, all I get is a black background.

* Is it possible to sync a blue tooth keyboard to the iphone and use the keyboard to type instead?

* What's a good iphone case? I prefer light and transparent.

* When I add a movie to iTune, where abouts is the movie copied to?

Thnx in advance.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The 3G settings are preloaded you don't have you do anything, just enjoy the speed.

Yes it quits it if it is a 3rd party app. The stock apps run all the time. You can jailbreak and run 3rd party apps in the background using "backgrounder", but it murders battery life.

You can't change the wallpaper of the actual homescreen, only the wallpaper on the lock screen. But once again if you jailbreak you can have any picture you want as the wall paper.

The bluetooth is crippled and only works with bluetooth phone headsets. Keyboards and stereo usage etc. aren't compatible.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

You're welcome :D

4. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

3G Connection = Settings, General, Network, Turn on 3G

No background apps yet, but a push service will soon be put into firmware.... it was supposed to be done at the end of September though.

Wall paper is for when you sleep and turn on the phone, not for the actual background, you'll have to jailbreak to get that feature.

No bluetooth keyboards are allowed to be connected via anything, you will pick up the keyboard on the iphone quite fast, if not, then just keep learning, cuz theres no other option. Sorry.

Light and transparent = Power Support Air Jacket (Clear) its exactly what you're looking for. It comes with two screen protectors too for $35.

The movie goes in your iTunes movie tab and if you want to copy it to your iPhone, you'll have to go through the your iPhone tab under movies and sync movies.

Your welcome. Enjoy, its soooooooo the best phone ever.

Luke

5. Benzy thread starter macrumors member

2 thumbs up for the quick replies, guys. I'd probably have more questions soon, still "tweaking" my iphone :D

6. Benzy thread starter macrumors member

more questions:

How do I use my iphone as a flash drive for storing files? (Mac)

Is it possible to clear private data on the iphone safari browser? such as cookies and etc? Is it possible to set a home page for safari?