Just bought an ipod touch and have a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mshepp, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mshepp macrumors member

Have had my new ipod touch for about 4 hours so far and i think its a fantastic bit of kit. I have a few questions though; can anyone suggest a good case, an in car FM transmitter and any must have apps (i already have facebook). I have had a look around on a few websites but there seems so much choice, is it worth getting things from the apple store or is this usually overpriced?

Thanks for any advise :)

Edit

One other thing, a few of the apps i have tried out have a little popup saying can they auto detect current location but this always fails, is this feature not available on the touch?

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I have the switcheasy rebel case. It's 27 dollars and it comes with 2 screen protector. For the transmitter, I would suggest a griffin brand, but that's just me :p

I got the dictionary app/txt plus/ping!/harbormaster/ifishing :p

3. destroyer333 macrumors newbie

That might be because you dont have wifi.

4. mshepp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies so far.

@destroyer333 i do have wifi turned on and connected to my home network.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/coverage.php

You probably aren't "registered". Your choice if you want to register your router (until they drive by your house, which has me wanting to turn the power down on mine more... i'm smack dab in the middle of 1.25 acres, and 500 ft off the road to the front, the one out back though is close...).

6. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

My previous 2G Touch was able to locate when it was connected to wi-fi at a local cafe but couldn't locate at home. I don't know why. But, it finally began working at home after several days. Why don't you give it some time. ;)

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Switcheasy cases are butt ugly imho.

I got a nice, matte finish slim case called the Incipio Black Feather. It's 18 bucks, gives you 2 screen protectors, 1 microfibre cloth, and 1 case. It's similar to the Power Support Air Jacket Black in the Apple Store, so check that out if you want an idea of what it'll look like. Only difference is the extra coverage part on the top.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas