Just bought an iPod Touch, and it's WAYY annoying.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by norcalstadium, May 11, 2008.

1. norcalstadium macrumors member

so i just loaded all my songs on my touch (with their accompanying album art), and when i browse through my music (pressing "forward," or clicking on after scrolling through my music, etc.) it just immediately goes to the home screen with all of those icons.

is this a common occurrence, or is my iPod just defective?

note: my iPod has music downloaded from the likes of Acquisition, and this glitch occurs when i'm looking at my "legal" music just as often as when i'm looking at my downloaded music.

note2: i have 19 GB of songs on my 32 GB iPod touch

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

That's not common. You haven't tried to jailbreak it, or modify it?

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

This sounds like a glitch in the software. My advice is to 'Restore' the device through iTunes. If the problem persists, contact Apple and ask for an exchange or full refund. At the end of the day, it's an iPod, it's meant to function when browsing music, without glitches.

R-Fly

4. Resist macrumors 68030

I am not sure what you mean by "pressing forward or clicking on". I don't do either with my Touch to play my music.

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

yeah, the bottom (and only) button on the iPod touch is the "home" button which always takes you back to the home screen. all song navigation/selecting/playing/pausing is done through... touching.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

it does have the power button too.

OP: you dont need to press any actual buttons, just the play/pause buttons.

7. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Well.. if you tap the home button twice while you have another application open and you're listening to music it brings up a small music menu so you don't have to close the application you currently have opened.
    =D

8. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Ok, most of you guys are not helping the OP, you're being too literal.

Your touch should NOT be doing what it currently is. Call Apple or bring it back to the store and they will give you a new one or your money back.