Just bought AppleCare for new BlackBook 2.4...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SFStateStudent, Mar 1, 2008.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

and I kept getting a prompt to call AppleCare, since the registration number is already in use. I just bought AppleCare today at 3:30pm Pacific Time at the Emeryville, CA Apple Store. So, they said that I couldn't register my AppleCare until Monday, but it sounded like the serial number had already been used by someone else and then shrink-wrapped and placed on the shelf for ME to buy! As if I haven't had enough problems with the Emeryville, CA Apple Store over the past year! I'm calling the Store Manager tomorrow to file a complaint, (once again) and hopefully, they can get me signed up for AppleCare tomorrow! Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Be careful with this one. It could just be a glitch in Apple's systems. Don't go making accusations until you know what has actually happened, I mean think about it, who would go to the trouble to steal it, register it and then shrink wrap it again. I personally don't think this is very likely. The store probably has nothing to do with the actual product, so it probably isn't worth filing a complaint against the store.

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Actually, what happened...

is the AppleCare Support at 1-800-275-2273 (US) told me that the AppleCare Registration Number was already in use by another computer, (not my computer serial number specifically) and that sometimes people return their AppleCare Products directly to the Apple Store, and at this point the AppleCare Product is shrink-wrapped and replaced in inventory. So, I'm not certain how you came up with "Don't go making accusations until you know what has actually happened, I mean think about it, who would go to the trouble to steal it, register it and then shrink wrap it again." if this is what AppleCare Support Staff X 3 (three different AC Support Staff spoke with me on the phone) are telling me. So, I'm not clear how you construe that I'm making the accusation that "someone went through the trouble to steal the aforementioned product?" My complaint is this, "why should I as a loyal Apple consumer be put through the process of staying on the phone for over one and a half hours for a registration problem that doesn't involve my purchase of AppleCare or my BlackBook 2.4 250GB or for that matter ME?" The rather simple process should be: "Go home register my AppleCare Plan online, and begin enjoying the extended warranty without further complicatiions!" :eek:

4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Yes it is rare that this happened to you but this is where I got it from, think about how likely this is normally to happen. No need to get angry there sport, calm down.

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Wait until Monday, call Applecare, and it will all be taken care of.

6. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Thanks Bob...

I'll do that.:cool:

7. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, it's been resolved...

I spoke with AppleCare and they said that someone had also bought AppleCare and entered my Registration Number for their MacBook back in October '07, and the numbers were transposed. So, when I attempted to register my AppleCare, that same number showed that it had already been registered, thereby "locking me out" of the registration process and a flashing screen on their end noted that "I" was attempting to register under a registration number "already-in-use" so, their investigation revealed that this other person had actually bought AppleCare but transposed their numbers and had been registered via my registration number. They made the correction to the other persons AppleCare Registration and then immediately activated my AppleCare. They kept putting me on hold and confirming my phone number that I was calling from, (my iPhone) and I guess that was just in case we were cut off. In the end, I got my AppleCare and the other person has the correct AppleCare registration number, so I guess all is well. :rolleyes:

8. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

hey!

I do not in anyway mean to steal your topic. but since were cool can I have your 3.0Ghz mac pro :D

peace and good luck!

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No problem...

I appreciate your thread and your posts; you'll have to check with my "war department" or "off-duty supervisor, 'cause she uses it more than I do. :cool: