Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Okay, what am I doing wrong here? I need to right-click to aim down the scope, but it does not stay so I need to hold the right-click and left-click to shoot. The way the Mighty Mouse works is that it only has one push down button, so I cannot left-click at the same time as holding right-click.

I tried searching the internet for someone else with this problem, but I came up empty. Is there a way to make my right-click stick so I can lift my finger off to left-click?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

zao8350

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
see if it has an option to toggle zoom, that way you only need to right click and it will stay zoomed, then right click again and it will unzoom. either that or change right click to something else. v worked really well for me before i started using a deathadder and slapped it on the first side button.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Okay, what am I doing wrong here? I need to right-click to aim down the scope, but it does not stay so I need to hold the right-click and left-click to shoot. The way the Mighty Mouse works is that it only has one push down button, so I cannot left-click at the same time as holding right-click.

I tried searching the internet for someone else with this problem, but I came up empty. Is there a way to make my right-click stick so I can lift my finger off to left-click?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to the club. You found the number one reason why we all buy two button PC mice. And while we're at it, we also connect a real PC keyboard to the Mac. And because even then gaming with Apple hardware still sucks, in the next step we go and buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3 or both.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Welcome to the club. You found the number one reason why we all buy two button PC mice. And while we're at it, we also connect a real PC keyboard to the Mac. And because even then gaming with Apple hardware still sucks, in the next step we go and buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3 or both.

I actually just bought a PS3... played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for a couple of days on it, then I returned it. I really didn't like the controls, the inferior graphics and it still stutters in some areas despite the game being optimized to run on that system.

When I play Modern Warfare 2 in Windows, it never slows down, has the graphics turned all the way up and is far easier to play with a keyboard and mouse. When I right-click in this game, the scope stays on even after I let go, so I assumed that all games were like this... nope, I guess not. Anyways... I gave up on Far Cry 2, and I'm just going to play F.E.A.R 2 because it seems loads better and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
With an Apple wired aluminium keyboard I've pumped 1000+ hours into TF2, Left4Dead and co without any problem. It's a great keyboard. But as soon as I bought my iMac I had to go out and buy a Razer. I like their mice for everything but gaming.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
When I game on bootcamp I am typically in the top 3 on TF2 24 or 32 people servers.

I use a logitech mouse with old style apple keyboard.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Just have a second mouse. I have a Laptop mouse that I use, I like it as it's small and easy to move around, so it's pretty good for FPS.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
All Apple mice don't support multi click meaning you cannot right and left click at the same time. You also cannot middle (aka scroll wheel) click either. This really limits playability and although we have to support these Mice in our games we recommend using a two button mouse which supports multi clicking and also has a middle mouse button it makes gaming much easier!

Edwin

Suspended
Jan 9, 2010
had the same problem

OK, click on bluetooth, hover over the magic mouse connection, click preference, and then set right click as a preference. I had the same problem when playing a game, hope this helped.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Please do yourself a favour and don't play with a Mighty/Magic Mouse :) Just buy a regular mouse or even better, a gaming mouse to get rid of problems like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.