Just bought griffin reveal case for my iPhone 4s...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Game 161, Oct 24, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Says on apple store it will fit the 4s and a few have said it fits for those who have the 4s

Just got to wait for my 4s now

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

This is a great case. I bought it at walmart, but unfortunately it bubbles up front and back screen protectors :mad: so I returned it

even top quality ultra crystal sgp protectors bubbled up slightly (not as bad as cheapo amazon protectors)

3. osubuckeye macrumors newbie

warning

I had the reveal (or whatever it was called) for the 3GS and it left particle dots all over the back of my phone.

I think the problem is that because the surface that touches the phone is not velvety or even rubbery... but straight up plastic. Things can get in and damage the back.

So basically when you hold up my 3GS to the light it looks like a constellation, all those dots.

To be fair, griffin makes a heck of a lot of awesome things so no knock on them. Just make sure you remove your phone and clean out the case every once in a while to remove stranded particles

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I do like to take my phone out and clean it every month or so.....

the current case i have the incase snap case broke at the top so thought a rubber side would be a better fit.

5. e90fanatic macrumors newbie

the reveal doesnt fit 4s. the mute switch is covered.

6. wellok macrumors 6502

Well, to be fair, the mute switch is still usable. It's just slightly covered. You could probably trim it easily.

7. e90fanatic macrumors newbie

it's usable but I shouldn't have to cut it. I had the power support one before and it fits perfectly. This means that people that have the iPhone4 CDMA will have a problem too

8. wellok macrumors 6502

No, I agree. I'm just saying that for anyone who has their heart set on it for some reason.

9. gatech2 macrumors member

10. swrve macrumors newbie

i had the griffin reveal on launch day for my 4s, and i liked the look of it, but it scratched REALLY easy. i emailed griffin, they said mine must be defective, and i should exchange it. i went to best buy, exchanged it, and the new one did the exact same thing. fyi, i only keep my phone in the pocket, nothing else, so I'm not even sure why it had scratches.

11. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

I got a Griffin Reveal frame off eBay for $6.00. I have Lucky Labs Teksure wrap and back cover. Power Support Crystal on the front. The only problem I came across is during the installation and removal process. When I went to take it off, it caught on part of the wrap and wrinkled it. You have to be very careful installing/removing this thing. I'm glad I had a wrap on my phone as it would have been scratched otherwise.

When it's on, it fits great. Looks good and has decent amount of lay on table design.

12. azm macrumors newbie

13. DarkKnightAZ macrumors newbie

14. osubuckeye macrumors newbie

that's really odd that they said it was defective.

The correct answer is... it's made out of clear plastic. Put any hard clear plastic in your pocket, on tabletops, with keys, etc and see if it doesn't scratch. Impossible. I had mine on my phone for 1.5 years straight, it was totally scratched...you could barely see through it.

15. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

You also have to check that the Reveal you are getting is the newer one, which has an SKU of GB02356 for black. The previous SKU (GB01747) has the mute hole and volume buttons in the wrong place, since this is for the iPhone 4. I know this because I got that case originally and it didn't fit exactly on my 4S.

16. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Hmm... my Reveal frame has one large cutout for the volume and mute button area. Mine doesn't have any button covers like that link showed.

17. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

They are 2 different products. The Reveal Frame is bumper-only. The Reveal is a bumper and back plastic case.

18. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I have also seen pictures and videos of both kinds of Griffin Reveal Frame. Some have a large opening for all side buttons and some have rubber coverings for the volume buttons.

There must be two different revisions of the case, I wonder which one is the newer.

Note I am talking about the reveal bumper not the regular reveal that has the plastic back.

19. azm macrumors newbie

Okay just got my case in which i ordered from the above link. I think its just the iphone4 version bc the silent switch is a little hard to move. Also the power button is pretty stiff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. azm macrumors newbie

okay i just realized my invoice says gb02512 yet they sent me gb01825 so i sent them an email to let them know