Just bought iPad 2, questions

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chalupa_batman, May 15, 2011.

1. chalupa_batman macrumors member

Went grocery shopping yesterday at the local Wal-Mart and left with an iPad. Happened to walk by the electronics to look and there was 2 iPad 2's; one white and one black 16GB wifi. Picked up the black one. I've been playing with it and really like it but have a few concerns.

1. The cameras. Both seem to be grainy. Is this normal or is this a problem.
    2. iTunes won't sync all my movies. It will sync the downloaded ones from iTunes but it won't sync the ripped ones. How can this be fixed?

Those are the two main concerns, haven't noticed severe back light bleeding but it is there. Once the displays are caught up on production, I'll make a trip to the Apple store and see what they can do.

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

1. Normal. Neither camera on the iPad 2 is that good.
    Im not sure about your second question.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

1, yes that's normal there low quality FaceTime cameras nothing more.

2, if the movie is in your iTunes library it should sync over but if it's not then it won't as it needs to be in the correct format. Hopefully vlc player will come back.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If it's 1080P then it won't sync to the iPad. It will only play 720P.

I imported a 1080P video into iTunes that played fine on my computer, but refused to sync to the iPad.

5. chalupa_batman thread starter macrumors member

I figured that was the case about the camera, but Google searches hadn't returned much help. As for the movies, I was surprised when it said that it couldn't. I thought that if it played in iTunes, then it would play on any Apple device. It is in .mp4 or .m4p whatever it is.

6. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

The quality of the front-facing camera (ie. on the back of the iPad) is very disappointing. The front-facing one, fair enough, that's just for skype, facetime, msn, etc, but the iPad could be a very cute camera if the rear-facing one were any good. As it is, it's not as good as the iPhone camera.