Just bought Iphone. Need help dealing with sim card

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeb467, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jeb467 macrumors newbie

I just bought a used iphone. It came with a sim card but do not think it works because I have no service. But anyway, I have my own at&t sim card from my previous phone and I inserted it in the iphone and all I get now is the emergency call function when my sim is in there. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

3. jeb467 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have not done anything to the phone. It came with the previous user's sim card in it. I put mine in and that is what came up. Are there steps I need to take to get this done? Would unlocking(already an at&t user) or jailbreaking the phone do anything?

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Why not activate it (through iTunes) before you think about any other possible remedies?

Oh, and did you try a reboot? Hold the home and sleep buttons down until after the "slide to turn off" screen goes away and the apple appears.

5. jeb467 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. I have everything done now. Is there another way for internet besides wifi? I can not access the college campus's wifi anywhere I go. But any other wifi spot I am fine.

6. AlphaBoy85 macrumors regular

GPRS?

7. jdylan macrumors regular

jdylan

Ask the dude you bought it from...

Only thing I can recommend. I have the same one you have (removable SIM from Asia) and mine works great. I'd get a refund.