Just bought IPod Touch now worried bought too soon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PSD4, Sep 3, 2008.

1. PSD4 macrumors newbie

I just bought a 32GB IPod Touch and it’s on its way to the house. If Apple drops the price on the 9th will I be able to return it for a refund to buy another one for a cheaper price? Or will Apple offer any other options for refunding the difference? Of am I out the money? Thanks in advance. :apple:

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

return it now, new ones will most likely be out the 9th!

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

If you bought it less than 14 days ago, return it NOW! If not, you are kinda stuck.

4. 184550 Guest

Yes, defiantly return it. You'll get a lower price and more features after Sept. 9th.

5. PSD4 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's been less than 14 days, as it's not even here yet. I've read Apple's return policy and it sounds like I shouldn't have any problem. But, just to make sure does it matter what reason I give Apple for the return, can I just tell them I changed my mind or should I tell them I heard new ones are coming and want to wait? Thanks again. :apple:

6. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

And you know this how :rolleyes:

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

When it comes to your house, DON'T OPEN IT to avoid the 10% restocking fee. Keep it in the original packaging and the shrink-wrap. And if you bought it on August 27th or later, then hold on to it until the 9th, and if Apple releases a new iPod touch, and you want the new one instead, then return the iPod to Apple in the original packaging, and then you can buy the new one.

In the future check out the MacRumors Buyers Guide, it gives you a basic idea on when a product will be updated based on Apple's average time between updates.

8. ricartedor, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

ricartedor macrumors member

Unfortunately you appear to have missed all the recent rumours of a Sep event!!

9. PSD4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for the feedback. To answer why I bought it with all the rumors? I have not been keeping up with Apple or IPods and I bought it without doing proper research first, something I very seldom do.

I called Apple today to let them know I haven't received it yet and that I was thinking about returning it. I asked if I should refuse shipment or accept it and call back later to return it. Well, I got a great customer service rep and he suggested I receive the shipment and he would send me a return label to pay for return shipping. He confirmed my email address and within 30 minutes I had a FedEx return label! Now that is customer service!! He even suggested I meet the FedEx guy at the door and just have the new label put on the box and sent immediately back.

Now I can do whatever I want next week. Worst case the price stays the same and I'm delayed getting it by a week. :apple: