Just bought Leopard, but have yet to install, a few quick questions.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Architect4122, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Architect4122 macrumors regular

I just bought Leopard, but stopped suddenly from installing. I had a few questions.

note: I searched through the forums but couldn't find what I wanted. It would be helpful if you could answer or link me to what I'm looking for, I didn't have any luck.

1. Does Leoaprd upgarde ONLY my Tiger partition? I have Bootcamp to run CAD, Rhino, and VIZ (Windows only apps). I don't have time right now to re-install XP, plus all 3 of those apps. Will Leopard only upgrade my OSX partition or will it inavertantly install the new release of Bootcamp over the old? I will upgrade BC, I just don't have time for it right now, and I need those apps on a day to day basis at the moment.

2. I have read the release from Adobe saying CS3 works fine with Leopard. No issuse there then. However, whats the verdict on Microsoft Office 2004?
    Also, does anyone know if there are problems with Google SketchUp?

Aside from backing up my botcamp files and OSX files before install (still a young machine with few files) is there anything I should know?

Thank you very very much! I hope to let the 'cat out of the bag' tonight!

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

1. Leopard will not touch your winders partition unless you tell it to.

Leopard is amazing and you wont regret the upgrade!

I cant answer any more of your questions though,

3. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

I have used both Excel and Word a bunch since upgrading and have not noticed any issues.