Just bought Logic Studio last week - Now what?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KILLxTAC, Jul 23, 2009.

1. KILLxTAC macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I just bought a copy of Logic Studio last Thursday. I got home, excited, installed it on my Macbook Pro and have been happy ever since. But, I do the usual macrumors check this morning at work and notice that Apple has just announced the "new" Logic Studio. My question to you guys is do you think that my local Apple store will let me take back the Logic Studio I just bought and let me exchange it for the new one? I called the store and the the lady I was speaking with talked to the manager and said they DO take returns when it is Apple software. But I dont know if my situation would be different since I already downloaded it onto my macbook and used the serial number. Since its only been a week, do you think they might have mercy on my situation? I just wanted to check and see if anybody on these forums knew about situations like this. Thanks and any help would be great.

- Cameron

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Bring it and tell them you bought it with in the 15 days. Im pretty sure then can work with you. Go to apple store ASAP.

3. KILLxTAC thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't know about any 15 day policy? Do you think me already using the serial number would be a problem Para? That's my main concern :(

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

call them immediately. you usually have a 14 day return policy with a restocking fee for opened products. this may be true for software as well.

call them and ask if you can return it or upgrade. if they say no ask for a supervisor. they should do it although it might cost you 10% or so.

5. KILLxTAC thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok guys, thanks a lot for the input. Just talked to the manager of the store I bought it from and he said since its within my 15 day return policy, I can return it to them, no restocking fee what so ever. Not that I am complaining, but I just don't see how that can work when I have already used the serial code...oh well, I hope it works out.

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I doubt that the serial code is a one-time use. I don't think any of Apple's current apps phone home or require activation. I could be wrong, though, I still carry an XSKey.