Just bought Logitech MX 620, doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Unibody5, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Unibody5 macrumors member

Hey guys.

I just swiped a Logitech MX 620. Although the basic mouse functions work, I can't get "Logitech Control Center" to find my mouse, so I can configure the buttons. Anyone help?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Do you have "Steermouse" or USB Overdrive" installed? If you do delete them and it should pick it up. I had that problem a little while back with my old iMac.

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

That's what you get for stealing it.

4. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Do you have the USB receiver connected to your Keyboard? If so, connect it to your actual computer, this may help.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

RE: Just bought Logitech MX 620, doesn't work

Some Logitech mice do not have any support "on the Mac side".

My MX-610 is one of these. Yet, when I connected it to the Mac (in this case a g4 running 10.3.9), it was recognized immediately, and several (but not all) of the buttons worked without any setup at all.

Don't worry about Logitech not supporting one of their products with their own software. Get either "USB Overdrive" or "Steermouse" and be done with it. I found that Steermouse supports a couple of buttons that even USB Overdrive doesn't, BUT, USB Overdrive seems easier to set up.

- John

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

The MX620 does have official Mac support according to Logitech but then again, so does my MX Revolution but I still paid for Steermouse. It was well worth the investment. I much prefer it to Logitech's own drivers.

I had no problems with the setup of Steermouse at all. I am using every button on my Revolution for different tasks.

7. Unibody5 thread starter macrumors member

Bah, I give up on this thing. I tried it on a Windows computer. Although it does work, the tracking is horrible and the scroll wheel is garbage. I exchanged it for an LX3. Not quite as "nice", but it at least works.