Just bought .Mac finally, activation question...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Taylor C, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I finally got .Mac today after picking up a new MacBook for my sister to replace her iBook G4. She's got a .Mac account already, so she's letting me take the activation I bought with the $67 deal. I just activated my account, set up my username, etc., but my iDisk and Mail aren't working. When I log in to .Mac at mac.com, it says "Your information cannot be displayed" under Mail, my iDisk, etc. Do Apple's servers just take awhile to fully allocate my services, or should I contact Apple regarding the issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

- Taylor

2. kolax macrumors G3

Possible Apple is updating the .Mac stuff at the moment - different users are on different servers, depends where you are in the world. I'd wait 24 hours before contacting Apple. But, my iDisk and Mail worked straight away as soon as I activated.

You tried logging into your Mail account using the default OSX Mail app?

Also, have you gone to System Preferences --> .Mac and sorted out your account settings there? After you've done that, try going to Go --> iDisk --> My iDisk.

3. Taylor C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I set everything up through system preferences. Pretty much everything is working now, except it still says I only have 5GB space in my iDisk. Hopefully that will be corrected soon. Thanks for your help. :)

4. wngraham macrumors regular

Make sure you don't have 5 GB space allocated for mail, that would explain the small iDisk size.