Just Bought MacBook Pro 13"!!!! Very happy.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikey28, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Hi. This is my first time on the MacBook forum. Usually I post in the Mac Air forums.
    We just bought a MacBook Pro 13 (2.53GHz/ 250HD) yesterday. My husband is going to take over my AIR (Rev C 2.13 128/SSD). So he's happy, and I get to try out a new laptop.

My questions are these:

1. Is my HD Pro a downgrade from the 128/SSD Air?

2. All of my AIRs eventually developed significant "wabble" from loose hinges, and my Rev B had to be replaced because of a "popped hinge". Do MacBook Pros have issues???

3. Can anyone rec. a screen protector? Power Support only make the ANTI-glare kind, I want a crystal clear one...

Thank you so much!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The Air is a completely different HDD/SSD. No you cannot use an Air drive there.

MBPs nor Airs should have a wobble issue but aluminum does warp under heat.

3. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

It's a great computer. Enjoy it.

If you get an ssd for it, it will be much faster then the air

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'll echo dan5.5 - it is a great computer and you'll enjoy it hugely. Congrats.

Cheers and good luck

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Its a great computer, I'm getting the 15" one. Put a SSD in it to make it a LOT faster than the MBA

6. mikey28 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought about SSD-- but it was an extra $600... So I passed. maybe later...

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The intel 80GB SSD can be had for around 250ish. They might not have much storage but do kick butt.

Why do you want a screen protector for? As long as you're careful, nothing will happen to the screen.

8. ncdasa macrumors member

Clear (non-antiglare) screen protector.

To the OP:

Here you will find a screen protector that is both removable / reusable and clear (i.e non-antiglare). I plan on buying one of each, both their clear and anti-glare protectors for my new 13" MBP.

You will also find one here, with the obvious advantage of being about half the price :rolleyes:. I wrote to them (PDO) and asked if these were also washable and reusable and they said yes. They also said though that b/c it sticks by static electricity, if you take it off it just madly collects dust so there is no real point.

...but just now I realized that it doesnt specify if the PDO one is clear or anti-glare. So if you want this one you may want to write to them first and ask.

9. mikey28 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion, I wouldn't want 80GB SSD, because I have already bought 250GB HD. I would only want change for the 256 SSD. So I'll have to keep my eyes open.

The reason for the screen protector is because I really does help when the MBP is closed, from getting those permanent keyboard marks. Also I just feel better having it.
    I have a MOSHI keyboard protector, (from the AIR) and that has helped SO MUCH to guard against coffee spills, etc... I rec. to EVERY one.

10. mikey28 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!!! That is just what I'm looking for.