Just bought macbook PRO :) i think there is a scheme here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twerk, Jan 16, 2008.

1. twerk macrumors member

everyone has been posting that air doesn't fit with what they need and it doesn't with me either
    i just bought my macbook pro on the phone having it shipped very soon

the scheme i feel here is many people are angry that there wasnt an update for the pro line at macworld

maybe a good way to sell a **** load of laptops for people who where waiting? (like me)
    get all the extras out of the way?

it just seems TOO nice and convenient that apple will sell more product of old stature... ?

i dunno hit me with a reply

2. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I wholeheartedly agree with you. This sounds like a ploy to clear out old inventory. In the past before Intel the chips didn't surface as often. I am certain this weeks open was to get all those holding out to jump and then they would post the new MBP's.

3. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I do agree that there is probably truth in your theory but Apples tactic hasn't worked on me.

For me, it's never been do I buy the current one of wait. I had a replacement from my insurance company and I couldn't decide to keep the machine from the insurance (that was inadequate for me really - only having 2.2GHz CPU but more importantly only having 120GB HDD) or to sell it and wait to buy a new one with a bigger hard drive.

In the end, I sold my MBP and now have the money to wait, and wait I will. Doesn't matter how long it takes or how many products they bring out or update. I'm not desperate to buy a mac (looking for both an updated MBP and updated iMac), and the longer Apple drag my heals, the longer I'm still using PC's which at the moment, isn't a hassle for me.

I am a Mac fan, have followed Apple products for years, but due to uni (doing an IT degree) and work (IT Support Techie), I've never made the switch. But now I have a work laptop, I don't feel the need to keep my own PC's.

Get your act together Apple and let me switch!

4. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

I don't agree: Apple has been selling a TON of these MBP's. Their sales of the product line are up over 40% from last year -- the majority of these sales are iMac's Macbooks and MacBook Pros.

Just as apple did NOT update the Mac Pro with a new case, they have no immediate plans to update the MacBook Pro, probably for at least the next 6 months.

The "inventory blowout" you hypothesize will most likely come next August with something like a Free iPod (they did a sale exactly like this this year for students on iMacs and MacBook Pros) on purchase.

These are just my opinions: I could be wrong.

5. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

6 months? You must be kidding. Even Apple aren't going to wait 6 months to get the new Intel processors into the MacBook Pro. 6 months will be about the time the new processors may make it into the Mac Mini!

6. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I suspect at most 2-3 months but that is from focusing a great deal of my time on guessing like everyone else.:p

They will come when they come.

7. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

I was referring to a Case Update.

I think you will see Penryn next month or two, but this is no significant improvement and could even have a few bugs (google Penryn delays).

8. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Ok, sorry. Yeah I agree the case will be somewhere around late summer, early autumn (fall)

9. twerk thread starter macrumors member

thats a good point because that would entice/entise (?) people to buy it with that ipod
    im just sick of waiting i want a computer that can do everything other than my 1.5 celeron m acer 2.5 years old lol

10. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

My only thoughts on they penryndelay is that all reports come from the same source (most are worded exactly the same), and Intel have not yet commented on it.

So for now, I'm not sure

11. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i see some reason in your theory.

no matter what happens im sure you got the MBP knowing you liked it how it was, and either way it will last you a long time