Just bought macbook.......

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dj.k86, Jun 1, 2009.

1. dj.k86 macrumors newbie

Last thursday i purchased a macbook (aluminum 2.4GHz). I didn't order a ipod with it but would like to partake in this offer. Is there any way that i could possibly still get the free ipod as mine was stolen 3 months ago and i could really do with one? The laptop has not started shipping yet but will be at my house by friday. Any help is appreciated! :)

2. AquaGreenbean macrumors newbie

I bought my MacBook 10 days before the promotion started. I knew if worst came to worst, I was still within the 14 day time frame and could just return my MacBook and rebuy it with the iPod. But that seemed like such a hassle. So I called Apple and told the guy that I just bought my computer a week and a half prior and he said, "no problem, I will just add the iPod to your cart under the order number you bought the MacBook with." And he did, and it arrived today. No questions asked, no hassle, easy as pie.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Did you order it as an educational order? The iPod promo is for edu orders only.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Call up AppleCare/SSO/CSR and tell them that you would like to partake the offer, they will make the necessary adjustments to your order, it shouldn't be a problem.

5. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yeah if your a student, just call them back, same thing happened to me I brought mine in store a week before the promo.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

how exactly does that promo (rebate) work? Do you get charged the price of the Mac and also the price of the Touch and then you get a check in the mail later on or what?

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Correct. Price of all (plus printer if you want the free printer) plus the associated tax. There is an online application for the rebate then you get the check in the mail in a couple weeks.

8. bashfl4now macrumors newbie

free ipod

As long as you take your receipt to the apple store and show them, they will do it for you there but you have to buy the ipod and then they mail you the rebate. I went through the same thing.

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

This is the case so long as you're not in RI or CT. In those states, it's an instant rebate.

10. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I did this last year when I bought my iMac. It was what pushed me over the edge to get it because I could just sell the iPod that I got for free. The rebate arrived in like a week or two. This is extremely fast considering most rebates take like 2+ months on average.

11. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Is there any way I can get one? Haha.

I bough my Mac on the 31st of march with the student deal.

Cheers,

James

12. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

sure is....just read the 10 posts above yours

13. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Just rang them, I can't get one :(

14. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

sorry you're right I was thinking may 31, not march.....

15. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

So are most of you selling your iPods or keeping your iPods? How much are you getting for them if you are selling them?

16. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I would turn it into an external hard drive to save documents and stuffs. But that kinda sucks that this is a mail rebate...Wish I lived in CT :D

17. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

I did the promo in 2006, and gave the iPod to my mom. A great thing to do! She loves it.

18. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

soooooo....you want us all to give them to your mom?