Resolved Just bought my first MBP, question about having 2 iTunes account one one computer.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Danman7712, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Danman7712, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

Danman7712 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. This might be a noob question but I've never come across this situation before. I recently bought a new MacBook through apples back to school sale and I will be recieving a $100 Mac app store gift card as part of promo. Here is my question: I have been been using my parents iTunes account since I was about 15 downloading music and apps. I've spent quite a bit of money on their account for my iPod, now I'm 20 and since I have my own MacBook and $100 coming my way I want to start my own iTunes account in my name so I can addthe credit to my account. However I don't want to have to rebuy every app I currently use on my touch. Is there any way I can keep/redownload the content i bought on my parents account on my MBP,s iTunes as well as buy my own content on the account and have them both work in my iTunes and iPod? The obvious solution is to just has their account and my acount authorized on my MacBook but I'm not sure that's how it works cause that would be way to easy:)

2. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

I don't think it should be a problem. :)

If you log out (NOT deauthorize) from one account and log into the other, both should be authorized, no? Perhaps others have had different experiences with it, but I can't imagine an obvious reason why that wouldn't work...

3. Danman7712 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks for your help:) I will leave thread open for another day just in case anyone has come across a problem with the situation but otherwise it seems resolved.