Just bought my Ipod touch 5 in Houston Texas USA in the galleria mall: Pics inside

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnzsosmooth, Oct 10, 2012.

1. johnzsosmooth macrumors newbie

Okay so i pre ordered but I had heard that some people were able to get them inside apple stores as of today. I decided to give it a shot because i am on the second or third wave of pre orders and I am an impatient person. It was about 8pm central when I went to the mall. Luckily the apple store in my mall had two of each color this morning and this is their first shipment. They said they had a black 32, a blue 32, and 2 pinks left. I rushed over there and the first guy i talked to tried to bs me and say they didn't have them. I said okay fine I walked and talked to someone else and he said yep I have two left. He went to the back grabbed my ipod and here are the pics. Video coming soon and if you guys have any requests I will do my best do answer them. I am a dumbphone user by the way and am a grown man who doesn't need data everywhere he goes. (28 years old)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

3. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Could you see how Galaxy on Fire 2 HD runs, if you have it?

4. Indroid macrumors newbie

OMG :eek: I live 15min or so from Galleria , do you think during the weekend they will still have the Black 32? & What are your first impressions of it?

5. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have any of those tablets =/ I do however have an iphone 4. it kills it in everywhere except no phone calls or gps. which I can live without.

----------

So do I! I live so close so i rushed over there. They still had a blue 32 left which you may be able to get tomorrow morning maybe. I think they will have these things by Friday actually and sell them throughout the weekend. It all depends on what they get in stock. My first impressions are good. The camera is solid. The pictures are excellent and compared to my iphone 4, even though they have the same 5mp camera. The ipod touch has a new lens, new software, and and the a5 processor so the pictures actually look a lot like the iphone 4s pics. Which are really nice. The ipod is super fast doesnt lag with anything I throw at it. Screen is KILLER! movies, games look absolutely amazing on it. Siri? It works just the way its supposed to. Now if I step outside of my house and drive off where I have no wifi ofcourse it wont work but I have wifi in most places I go including work and home which I'm mostly at one of those two places

6. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Hehe, my bad, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is actually a space sim game on the App Store. It's a lot of fun -- if you're into that kind of thing. I was just wondering how well it ran on the new iPod.

Also, welcome to the forums! Congrats on the purchase and thank you for the pics!

7. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Congrats! Picked mine up earlier here in Dallas. I really love it so far. So fast and everything just feels so good. Plate some games that used to lag on my 4G and they are near perfect now. Picked up Crazy Taxi tonight as well and it's buttery smooth.

So glad I picked up the black color as well, looks so sharp and I really like the back slate color.

Heck, I even have the new wrist strap on an it works pretty well.

8. Luckybobby macrumors regular

It's a game not a tablet. It confused me too, when I first saw that comment:)

9. Raidriar macrumors newbie

Lucky! I have two questions/requests, I hope you don't mind!

Can you post comparison photos with your iphone4 and the ipod 5g? supposedly the 5g should be better with the new equipment but I would rather have a real comparison.

And one odd question is about the photo library. Do pictures synced, when you click on them in the folders, do they appear immediately (no blur, then focusing). Because after i went from ios4 to ios5 on the 4G, I've had to put up with all images taking time to "focus" before I could see them. Its been my #1 peeve besides waiting 4 seconds for the ipod to unlock every time I unlock it :(

10. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah I see. Can I download that game free? I havent checked yet. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

----------

Yes I will do a compare some photos with my iphone 4 and ipod 5. Oh yes the pictures are 10x better than my iphone 4.

11. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

You can download the non-HD demo free, but it won't look nearly as pretty as the HD version.

12. Xeblade macrumors regular

Hmm why did the 1st guy try to bs you and tell you they didn't have any?

13. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll have to download that game. Rai. there are no blurry photos when it syncs so you are good to go sir when you get yours. As requested here is a side by side comparison. Try to guess which is which :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

I have no idea and I knew he was lying because he had this look on his face that said "How does he know we have them????" I just walked over to someone else and he was actually really cool about it and said yes we have a couple left. They ended up having two of every color come in today except for product red. Only size 32.

14. Xeblade macrumors regular

Wow, what a d*ck.. please tell me the 2nd photo is from the iPod... :) Flash or no flash...?

15. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah tell me about it. the second photo is the ipod correct. No flash on either of them and non edited on either. As you can see the the camera does automatically brighten dark photos or is it called ambient light sensor or something? I forget.

16. k6578 macrumors member

"two of each color this morning" and then "black 32, a blue 32, and 2 pinks left"

Does that mean people actually buy the green-yellowish colour? :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

I'm in college and use a dumbphone + Macbook Pro + 4th gen iPod Nano combination. The Touch looks cool so if I ever get rich, I'll consider it or the iPhone.

17. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

yep people buy that color. its very bright lol

18. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

cool story, bro! enjoy your touch. damn, when can I get mine here in Korea?

19. aquaboi924 macrumors member

nice...my red one is on its way as we speak....DHL just texted me it's with the courier...can't wait!:D

20. Xeblade macrumors regular

You seriously just made my day! I love taking photos everywhere and am so glad I don't have to use this crappy camera on my 4th gen anymore! Well, once I get mine...

----------

The red is sooo nice... Too bad it's only available online and has a white front. But I'll probably get a red case for my black one :)

21. johnzsosmooth thread starter macrumors newbie

In the end guys we will all have ours so just be patient or try going to a nearby apple store. Xeblade, glad I could help. I love snapping photos and I currently have 5200 photos that are uploading from the cloud onto my ipod. I will probably post a video review soon here just for the hell of it.

22. aquaboi924 macrumors member

haha...yeah...and you give some money to charity...i will get a transparent case for it...

23. Xeblade macrumors regular

Yes, thanks for all the stuff you did with the iPod! I'm getting very excited! I love snapping photos also, and this is perfect for me! I carry my iPod everywhere so it is just perfect. Do you plan to keep it in a case? I'm curious to see if the back scratches easily...

24. Regbial macrumors 6502

Regbial

Ok... Scuffgate test time.:cool:

But seriously, did you check if it came with any nicks or tiny silver scratches? around the edges? Have you gotten any with normal use???

25. Raidriar macrumors newbie

Whoa! Thanks so much for the photo comparisons. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

And if the bottom one is the ipod touch then damn.... that'll be a good pocket cam. Now I don't have to groan everytime I don't have a camera on me. I can't believe how much difference there is between the ipod and the iphone4 cams even though they're supposed to be quite similar. I'm happy now :)