Just bought new 2TB Time Capsule - is it a Rotten one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zumajoe, Dec 23, 2009.

1. zumajoe macrumors member

I just bought a new 2TB Time Capsule from the Apple Store in Montreal, Canada.

I specificially asked the Apple employees if what they had in stock is the LATEST version just released as seen here: http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/20...formance-on-airport-extreme-and-time-capsule/

The guy checked the stock in the back just to make 100% sure they had the latest model number and he said "Yes this appears to be it". Just to be sure I asked one of the managers upon checkout the same question and he assured me that they only have the latest and greatest.

So, as I got home I just wanted to double check my new TC's model number with what's on the Apple website.

Mine shows: MC344AM/A

Apple store shows: MC344LL/A

Did the guys at the Apple store just try and get me out the door quick with a $600.00 purchase without even truly checking this issue? Or could it just be a variation in model numbers because it's up here in Canada?

I'm normally not an annoying shopper but this is an expensive purchase and I really want to make sure I get the latest that Apple has to offer- I hear they upgraded the range performance and that many people are noting the latest versions are running much cooler than the 18 month lifespan models.

2. jazzbo macrumors member

3. zumajoe thread starter macrumors member

I did check this shortly after posting and was relieved to see that- however still had a stupid paranoid thought in my head wondering maybe the Canadians didn't get the updated hardware yet (as with some things, it CAN take longer to show up here in Canada- however maybe Apple is not the case here).

It's kind of a tricky one because we really don't have any clue if the hardware we purchased is the latest- there is no version number (ie: TC 1.2)

And what is Apple doing with all the inventory of the old model numbers? Surely they would want to sell it all off?

Thanks for the reply.