Just bought Nikon 70-300

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nando2323, Nov 5, 2007.

1. nando2323 macrumors 6502a

Just bought the Nikon 70-300 AF-S 4.5-5.6G VR lens. I can't wait to get this in I been feinding for that extra zoom that I can't get on the 18-55 kit with my d40x.

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Looks like you won't be shooting in low light with that lens either. Are you bothered?

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

It will be a great outdoor lens, especially with VR. Inside, you might be limited to ISO 800 or 1600.

Congrats!

4. Jdot macrumors member

Telephoto lenses are not generally used indoors anyways so I'm assuming he bought it for landscapes, nature, and or sport photography.

5. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

If my studio was long enough for the minimum focusing distance, I'd happily use my 400mm lens for head shots just to get that telephoto look...

6. Jdot macrumors member

I prefer wide angle lenses but that's what it all comes down to is what you prefer so I would like to correct myself in stating that telephotos are generally used outdoors.

7. nando2323 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really I knew that going into this purchase and I am very content with that. I bought this lens for the outdoors and landscapes. I am traveling to northwestern Mass this weekend and I can't wait to break this badboy out. I just hope KEH ships it today so I can have it by Thursday.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm interested in this lens as well, but mostly for the candids.

Actually, for the same price, I can get a used Sigma 70-200 mm f/2.8. It's obviously not as discreet, and more 'Hey, look at Mr. Big Lens!!"