Just bought Refurb iMac what should i look for

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by b84, Feb 3, 2008.

1. b84 macrumors member

So i just bought a refurb 24' iMac. I am pretty amped up. i thought it would be a pretty solid machine to run adobe cs3. but was wondering..........

--What should i look test to make sure that everything is ok, like the monitor for dead pixels or anything of that matter??

--Has anyone encountered problems with there reburbished mac?

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Congrats on the purchase! I have only heard good things about refurbs. The quality upon receipt is generally impeccable and I've heard tons of stories about people getting even better machines than they ordered! i.e. more ram, HD, etc.

Keep in mind the computer was probably checked extra carefully because it was defective at one time...so it should be fine. But I guess the same problems are still possible like with any new iMac.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Not necessarily true. That iMac could have been a unit where the customer decided they wanted a more (or less) capable machine, a different display, etc. They returned it to Apple, who can't sell it as new, so it goes in the refurb store. There's no reason to believe it was defective, though that's a possibility, in which case the defection has been fixed.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Check the same things you'd check when buying a brand new Mac. I'd turn it on, look at the screen, and pop in a DVD (like the reinstallation disk, to wipe the drive and get rid of iBloat).