iPad Just bought refurb iPad Air 1. Excited!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerTheGeek, Jun 10, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

So I just ordered the iPad Air 32gb refurbished from CowBoom.com for only $309.99. I am replacing my iPad mini 1 with it. Anyone else have a iPad Air 1 they recently bought?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Hate to be that guy
    But you should have went with the air 2 for future proof

3. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Nice! I just picked up a refurbed iPad Air 2, 64GB cellular for $609. Picked it up from Apple today.

4. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I just do simple entertainment stuff like YouTube, web browsing, and reading tech news and stuff, so the extra processing power and Touch ID really made no difference for me. All I wanted was a retina screen and something that would be smooth and faster than my mini 1. And the air 1 fits this bill perfectly for me.

5. laudern macrumors 6502a

Until October rolls around.....

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Grats OP, I'm sure you will enjoy your tablet so don't let anyone rain on your parade. I'm still using an iPad Air 1 and it's still a great tablet even though it's not the latest.

7. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Exactly, that's what's great about Apple: they're products last for a long time and are still great even if they're not the latest version.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

The Air will be leaps and bounds ahead of the mini 1, so enjoy it, but I do find Safari constantly reloading any tab that hasn't been viewed in the past 10 seconds rather annoying.

9. malih macrumors member

malih

Congrats, based on my experience any iOS device with at least 1GB of RAM will have good experience in iOS8 and maybe 9, even better when it's using at least A7 chip.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The air 1 will be just fine. It will be supported for at least the next few years and is a big improvement over the Original mini.

11. mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

It's always good to try and go future proofing when the price difference is minimal. I would say he got a good deal on the refurb. I picked up an Air 1 in January for a good price and have no regrets. Yes, I could've spent the money for an Air 2, but for my use, the price gap wasn't worth it. It all boils down to your needs and expectations. We still have an iPad 3 in use for our son to watch videos, educational games, etc.

12. Andres Cantu macrumors 68020

Andres Cantu

You got a pretty decent deal, considering they sell the 16GB version for $100 more than you paid.

13. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Congrats on a great deal. You'll love the Air and retina screen. Enjoy.

14. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Yeah I'm soooo excited for that big retina display. Haven't had such a large retina display for 2 years, so it will be super nice. Now I just have to wait till Tuesday!