Just bought rMBP - should i keep 13" MBA or get 11" MBA...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by i.love.caffeine, Jul 16, 2012.

1. i.love.caffeine macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro retina on the way (later this week)

I currently have a 13" MBA (2010) - should I keep this computer, or swap it out for an 11" MBA. any advice?

I am just out of school and wouldn't mind a more portable computer as i bring my mba with me everywhere...

thanks!

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Well, you have a workhorse: rMBP, so I'd say stick with the MBA you have at least until it starts to show signs of age. Just use the 13" MBA for its portability for now.

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I was in the same position. Going from the rMBP to the 11" seemed like a real drastic change, took my eyes a while to adjust to the smaller fonts/resolution. The difference wasn't as much with the 13".

Also, even though I love my rMBP I still use my Air quite a bit and if you're going to spend any hours on the Air you may find the 13" display much better, I did.

That doesn't take away from the excellent size of the 11", it's a tough call, my determination was I spend more time staring at the Air's display than I do marveling over it's small size so I went for the 13".

4. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I would sell them both and go for an ipad3 or nothing at all. I am using the rMBP and right now its the only thing I need. Although I am contemplating a tablet.