Just bought the 24" L.C.D. AGAIN!!! - My second impression and how about yours?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shoopaman, Dec 12, 2008.

1. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Update: Just got the L.C.D. from :apple: store - university village store in UW - Seattle - Now available at :apple: retail stores!!! (said they had "plenty"):D
    It is awesome!!! - flawless, no scratch or dead pixel what-so-ever!!! I am 100% pleased.

-Still have issue with the speaker - cheap metal grinding echo - feels like someone running nail across the chalkboard (yes, this is bit of an overstatement). I'm certain they can tweak it to resonate better sound. Although, my (opinion) is that apple is using the same speakers as the iMac, the USB sound transfer somehow deteriorates the sound - there is no reason why it should sound so terrible! could they fix via software? (doubt it) ...doesn't make sense???, it's digital... don't know... but this is a small problem. I can always get some exterior speakers.
    -It replaces my current entertainment system. Movies look awesome in LCD color mode. websites look flawless in LED color mode. Ratatouille is flawless on it with LCD color mode. This time I took the pics with my vixia hf10 (should be an improvement over my 2 cents-pixel iphone cam:()
    -I am very satisfied, ice cream desert satisfied, sunday brunch with newspaper satisfied. No disrespect to those who have-not the displayport inclusive-macs (...sure, third-parties will soon make adapter for it). I understand but not condone why greedy :apple: is marketing this as new unibody macbook and future mac exclusive monitor - it just promotes my MBP so beautifully!!! it pimps the new 24" LED CINEMA DISPLAY in beverly hills.
    -Knowing that this is also an H-ISP panel even makes my sphincter squeeze out all the gripe I had about :apple: :D

4 1/2 Stars:D

Attached Files:

2. DeanCorp macrumors member

Awesome. Mine is due to arrive on Monday. What is that stand you are using for your laptop. I like it.

3. umgoblue2008 macrumors regular

umgoblue2008

mine has severe backlight bleeding, going to take it to the genius bar tomorrow and see if i can exchange it.

4. umgoblue2008 macrumors regular

umgoblue2008

Hey Shoopaman did you have to talk to the genius bar to get an exchange? and did you have to pay 10% for restocking or is it free?

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Now who says the new glassbooks are glossy......you can hardly tell in that picture :) Thanks for showing us parts of your house....

Going to see if I can pick one up today....hope they have them in stock.

6. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Yeah not glossy at all. :rolleyes:

That's because it's a mirror. Take a closer look at the glassbook, you can practically see the open doorway.

7. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

long weekend ahead of you:( / http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=AWE09US - picked it up at bestbuy about 2 years ago for 9.99 special, don't think they carry it anymore, but it's a nice little stand that tilts so the typing is a little easier and cools the notebook too.
    first one, went to the tukwila southcenter seattle washington store <--btw, worst c/s ever, there are two managers and they are both very stingy and very unwilling to exchange - always have something to say, but in the end I always end up not paying for the restocking... but I shouldn't have to put that much effort and stress into getting what is rightfully my right as customer... if it doesn't meet my expectation... and has issues... I'm NOT paying for restocking! heck no! anyhow, 2nd unit, went to another store, had no trouble at all, lady manager took my defect and gave full refund. if it's within 2 weeks return policy, don't even bother going up to genius, they are trained to fix not refund. go up to sales guy and state your case and return, then get another. you should never keep defects. don't feel shallow about it. otherwise :apple: will never vamp up their QC. us as consumers have to better train them... it shouldn't be our job but we must.

8. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

I never stare at the screen when it is not lid. When I enjoy my MBP & L.C.D.
    there is always something going on - never really notice any reflection at all. I enjoy the glossy screens, (yes, that's my opinion), however when I'm looking at matte screen which my wife's setup is - an iMac and 19" samsung-matte screen, oh! I notice the matte-ness all the time! pale-ness, but that's just me:D And I love the sturdiness of the MBP glass panel - I will not be shy about cleaning my screens anymore. I always felt uneasy about touching the panels in the past - seemed so fragile. But not anymore, easy to clean and beautiful to view. to each his/her own, I guess...:)

p.s. still shots taken few feet away will always feel more glassier which is not at all "reflective" of how you would view these screens during everyday use.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think I just found a layer of dust under the glass. I may have to exchange again :(

10. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Know how you feel:( it's my third and I'm keeping it this time!