Just bought two books

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by NickkyJ, Sep 21, 2010.

1. NickkyJ macrumors regular

Iphone application development for dummies and a game development book. I just started college and the game development and design has really took me by storm. I have found apple to be a great place to learn and develop or at least learn some techniques and habits. I watched the apple event in san francisco and thought nothing but good things. The way it is all planned out and how each thing is so detailed and so technology advanced. I am still new and still trying to look and hopefully with these 2 books i got i will learn some. Any ideas on ways i can improve my knowledge other than these books or something like that? Events? Sites? books? Videos? I have found some classes at my school so i am hoping those work out.

2. Sykte macrumors regular

Grab apple's Programming guides from the developer site, download them to your ipod, ipad, laptop and read them when ever you can.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Which game development book?

Apress has a whole slew of iPhone development books.

Stanford has their iPhone Application Development class online for free (see iTunes U)

Apple's iOS Dev Center has a bunch of videos, including lots from WWDC.

Make sure to check out the Guides and Stickies at the top of this very forum.