Just bought wallstreet- Good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MasonS247, May 1, 2007.

1. MasonS247 macrumors newbie

I just bought a G3 Wallstreet off eBay. I payed $53 including shipping.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...WN:IT&viewitem=&item=120113130068&rd=1&rd=1"]

I am not exactly sure about the specs.

It lists it as a 250MHz processor in one place, and 300 in another. Also, 12 in one, 14.1 in another.

So, the specs are:
    250/300MHz processor
    128MB ram
    OS 9 (I plan to upgrade the ram and install 10.2)
    Working battery

Comes with G4 restore CD, AC Adapter, and battery.

So, did a get a good deal?

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Yes you did, assuming it is what the auction says it is (I don't see a reason to think the actual product would be different).

It would be a fun toy to play around with, but as far as everyday use, you may find it a bit slow :)

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

huuummmm.........did you happen to notice that in the "item specifics" it says the lappy is "new sealed in box"............but the listing says otherwise

if it is NOT NIB, then I would be very upset!!!!

I avoid those "iSoldit" clowns like the plague, since you can never get in touch the actual sellers, and they DISCLAIM any & all responsibility for the item, it's condition and all the other legal crap.......

4. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

You got good deal :eek: . Upgrade that harddrive to 80GB and the ram to 512, watch it fly!

5. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

3 feet off the ground

6. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I don't know. If the hard drive is missing, the caddy probably is too. That would suck. It is the 14". It comes with a PowerMac install disk which won't work with that machine. You have to have your own software. I would say it is not so good of a deal. I think I will see you soon in the Marketplace WTB: wallstreet parts.