Just bricked my iphone! help please : (

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by innocentegg, Jul 11, 2008.

1. innocentegg Guest

OK I updated my iPhone to the new 1.2 version today.

But I don't have an o2 sim card so obviously it wanted me to activate it.

I thought ZiPhone would jailbreak it for me so I used that and now but it didn't work, it just made my iPhone into a brick.

And when I tried to get it back to the 1.1.4 version of the firmware I get this error:

'The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20).'

Any chance I can get it back working? Or have a messed with it so I can't now restore it? : (

Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

btw. its software 2.0
    and, from what ive read, you shouldnt have used ZiPhone designed for earlier firmwares....

so, who knows?
    my guess is its stuffed :(
    sorry
    BUT im ot an expert, so dont really listen to me that much

3. lightningboot macrumors newbie

My cord came unplugged as my iphone was restoring with 2.0 the first time, and now I'm having the same problem as you. I downloaded 1.14 again, but then it sent my phone into recovery mode.

Do you have AIM by any chance?

4. innocentegg thread starter Guest

5. innocentegg thread starter Guest

any way of doing a COMPLETE restore without using itunes? that could work...

6. lightningboot macrumors newbie

7. rball1979 macrumors regular

Even if you successfully upgrade to 2.0 a non iphone sim card won't work as it will re lock the SIM

8. innocentegg thread starter Guest

I know that, but I thought (stupidly) that ZiPhone would work with the new 2.0 <.<

Trying that process with the iTunes 7.5, will tell you how I got on.

9. innocentegg thread starter Guest

Ok first thing, NO ERROR MESSAGE :D

fingers crossed that the process will work!

10. lightningboot macrumors newbie

wouldnt work for me because the library was synced with another version of itunes or something.

>_<

I got the update though from apple on 2.0, and its downloading now. I guess well see how that turns out eh?

11. rball1979 macrumors regular

The Dev Team have cracked 2.0 but, to my knowledge, theres no public software for us to use yet!

12. innocentegg thread starter Guest

I HAVE GOT IT BACK :D:D

Well it says emergency only but its the default screen none the less! Ok this is how I did it so far:

- Put it into DFU mode, then restored it in iTunes 7.5 and got error 1015, which is good : ), Ran iBrickr and screen turned green : (
    - Restored it again using iTunes 7.5 and got the error again (1015)
    - Ran iBrickr again and the screen red!! :D

It works now! I just have to Pwn it and hopefully back to new! : )

13. innocentegg thread starter Guest

I rebooted my mac into windows where I didn't even have iTunes installed (lucky ) and then I just installed iTunes 7.5 from a website, I'm going back into OS X to put all my data back onto the iPhone.

I like windows now :D

14. innocentegg thread starter Guest

right, I used winpwn to unlock the iphone and suddenly it doesn't even want to turn on!

So I had to put it in DFU mode again, and going to have to do the whole process again, but this time; i'm using ZiPhone as it works!! (I hope)