Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Not received them yet - but seen it only has a usb c cable in the box and I have no usb c power yet - can I use my old lightning-usb cable from my iPhone XS to charge it?

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Yes, any usb lightning cable will work.

brilliant! What is the aim for Apple to include the lightning to usb c cable rather than the usual lightning to usb that they have done for years? I know they have done with the iPhone 11 Pros but isn’t that because of the faster charges for the 18w adaptors?

can AirPods Pro support fast charging? Or potentially?

pgolik

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Don't know - they charge very quickly anyway. I guess they decided that USB-A is obsolete.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
brilliant! What is the aim for Apple to include the lightning to usb c cable rather than the usual lightning to usb that they have done for years? I know they have done with the iPhone 11 Pros but isn’t that because of the faster charges for the 18w adaptors?

can AirPods Pro support fast charging? Or potentially?

you can use the same cable. Just in case of Airpods I don’t think the case will charge any faster.

bsamcash

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
San Jose, CA
I did find it strange that it came with the USB C charger, but I was glad it did because it saved me from having to buy one for my iPhone.

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
You can use any old charger, and you can use that USB - C to get a fast charger for your iPhone... they sell them separately so you are halfway there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.