Just Called Apple *TIME CONFIRMED*

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macdude2010, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Just called my local apple store to get some information about The New iPad on friday, they gave me the information they had about where to line up. But the best part about the information is they confirmed the 8AM launch time! (they got the info last night)

Hope this helps!

2. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

So does that mean that those people lining up at the Apple Stores, Best Buy, etc will get their hands first on the new iPad versus those of us who pre-ordered ? Totally unfair....LOL.

Considering that the local couriers such as FedEx and UPS deliver around 3pm onwards, I won't be able to head out to my local Apple Store once I get my new iPad and tease the scalpers hehehehehe.

I do have the comfort of my house in waiting for the delivery. GOOD TIMES !!!

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

It depends on where you're at in the route. My Fed-Ex guy is around 0900 and my UPS guy is 1500.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Yup! UPS is comes way too late in the day here, but FedEx usually comes early :) Plus, on my tracking #, it says it will be delivered by 3 pm :)

5. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Is not that either come late or early, all depends on the driver's route. Unless they ship next day am, either 8 am or 10am your box wont get there in the morning. My tracking # also says 3PM that's Next Day saver.

6. HogWild macrumors newbie

HogWild

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I wonder if Best Buy will open at 8 as well?

7. maclook macrumors 65816

Doubt it. Other retailers don't have the stock that Apple Stores do to make it worth opening hours earlier.

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I don't get it...you didn't mention what confirmed the time you were told? I mean, these guys are getting tons of phone calls, they are obviously telling people anything to get them off the phone. Someone else who called an Apple Store was told not to go to the store early on the 16th, that he would receive an email on launch day notifying him that his device was ready for pickup.

Nothing is confirmed until Apple announces it.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I think this 8AM launch time is when Apple declares it as now a product available for purchase for the public. It is the store/company decision whether or not they will accomodate for it. Unless of course they have an agreement with Apple regarding launch days.

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I'm not buying it. I still think it's going to be 5PM as it was for several launches, but we'll know soon enough.

11. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

It was only 5PM for one launch, and that was the iPad 2.