Just called local Apple store regarding iPhone 4 reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehnnwhycee, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

Ok, here's the story.

I just got off the phone with my local Apple store here in New York and asked them if my reserved iPhone 4 would still be there when I get out of work at 4 to pick it up.

He told me to call back on Wednesday to make sure that they are not releasing reservations, but he thinks it will be held for me. He said that they're not sure if they are going to be releasing reserved phones to customers.

In my opinion, them releasing reserved phones to the public is pretty crappy and doubt it will happen, but you never know. Call your local Apple store and see know what they say. We're probably going to get different stories.

2. mackworth macrumors member

THere have been 1000s of threads about this. No one knows. Every apple store says something different.

Not worth the risk, try to get their early just in case.

3. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

every apple store i called in my area (south FL so LOTS of apple stores around).. all same thing. they will not sell your reserved phone until the 25th.

the girl at apple store told me not to come at 7am b/c it's going to be a zoo. i said, "don't you worry, i will not be here at 7am....

... i'll be there at 5am" :D

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

What's the point of a reservation then? Did Apple miss that Seinfeld episode?

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

What he said.
    Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.