Just Came Back From Los Gatos AppleStore (1am)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dabomb665m, Mar 11, 2011.

1. dabomb665m macrumors regular

Just got back from the Los Gatos Apple store since I was headed for a late night 711 run and figured I'd check to see if there was a crazy line. To my surprise, the store was pretty empty out front. One person seemed to be camped out in his car... but otherwise, there was not a person to be seen.

I did, however, see some HUGE people-sized iPad2 props that looked pretty cool, along with about 5 construction guys preparing the store. I'm surprised they didn't cover the glass. It was actually kinda interesting watching them prepare.

Personally, I'm surprised because I read here that the Palo Alto store 30 minutes away had a line forming... and also because I lined up at this store back during the iPhone 3GS release and the line was pretty long.

2. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

ya i live by the palo alto store :) I paid my cousin to wait in line for me though

3. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I live near Palo Alto and the line was already starting. I doubt anybody will not be able to get it tomorrow though.

4. dabomb665m thread starter macrumors regular

I agree with you... I think given the price range and also Apple being prepared, there should be plenty of stock. I'm not dissing the price by any means, just thinking that iPhones are different because there are a ton of people who are upgrading for $200, which is my logic behind no one lining up yet.

I plan to be at the Los Gatos store around 3:30pm tomorrow (or a little later... as soon as possible though). It's really close to me for one... and also they just seem much friendlier there. The Valley Fair Applestore have some of the worst managers, especially the one named Fernando (I think that is his name). If you ever run into him, ask to speak to someone else. In fact, I've been looking for a place to complain about him specifically to Apple, but have not found a hotline for that purpose. Anyway, digressing a bit.

Anyone else going to the Los Gatos store tomorrow?

5. klanse macrumors member

Hey guys,
    Any lines in Stanford Apple store?
    thanks