Just cant find the perfect shockproof case...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drober30, Nov 22, 2012.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

The Lifeproof case is really nice except for the plastic screen protector. I get that it's a specialty case, waterproof and all but I'm not looking for waterproof, just shock proof. Maybe if they used Gorilla Glass it would be perfect but I'm not interested in using my phone everyday through a plastic screen protector.

I like the way the buttons feel and how the mute switch is controlled.

The Lunatik case looks awesome but I would like to see one in person, I get the impression that it will be just to wide. I'll check it out when it's released. Love some of the features like the mute switch and headphone cover. Case looks really nice!

For now I'm using the Otterbox Commuter which is a pretty nice case but I would like something thinner and more high end.

So, looking for some suggestions on cases that are out or soon to be released that maybe are not so well known.

Thanks!

2. madlovemonkey macrumors newbie

With these cases there's always the balance between protection and bulk. I like the 'Case-Mate Tough'. It's slim but protective. Case-Mate makes the 'tough xtreme' but I think it's a tad overkill. Other than that there's the Gumdrop Droptech, the Griffin Survivor Series. and of course the Otterbox Defender. I imagine since the Commuter is too big that the Defender is way too big for you.