Just can't seem to downgrade!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by native00, Dec 9, 2007.

1. native00 macrumors regular

native00

Both of my computers are PPC Macs. A G5 iMac and a Powerbook, both running Leopard.

I have read countless jailbreak guides and downloaded each file at least 3 times.

I have zipped up the restore1.1.1 file and am allowed to select it. iTunes does its thing, the iPod reboots, and then there is an error (1). This error causes the iPod to go into recovery mode.

If I select the 1.1.1 firmware, it does the same thing, my only choice to have a functioning iPod is 1.1.2

This is getting frustrating - if anyone knows anything about this error, please post it.

2. audirtbiker macrumors newbie

im having the same problem... i cant seem to find the right firmware that will work

3. native00 thread starter macrumors regular

native00

Well, I'm pretty sure I have the right restore file. Here's a picture of all 3 files required for jailbreak sitting on my desktop:

[​IMG]

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

maybe during the process of downloading the ipsw and it being opened corrupted it? try setting safari to not open files when downloaded?

5. native00 thread starter macrumors regular

native00

I looked for that setting in the preferences and couldn't find it.

You could very well be right, though.

I think ipodmaster said you could find the zip file in the trash, so I guess I'm gonna have to download it yet again and try that.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you have any problems still with the update I can zip and upload a zipped ipsw file

7. audirtbiker macrumors newbie

andy... i've downloaded the file from 4 different places... do you mind uploading it for me? i would greatly appreciate it

also my files look like yours on my desktop... the little lego thing