just can't seem to find the right case for my plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mikeydooodie, Nov 2, 2014.

1. mikeydooodie macrumors member

i think its because of the shape of the phone that no case actually feels right.

so far i have a spigen neo hybrid in blue i put on and didn't like it at all, a spigen ultra hybrid clear which was ok but very slippery and right now I'm using a black/smoke clear tough case from case mate which had been my favorite so far which isn't saying much. I ordered one of those rock cases from eBay and the cut out for the camera was so bad and cock eyed i got so mad and threw out the case, it was only 7$ came from china to send it back woulda cost me more. I constantly find myself looking everyday for a new case. i just wish i could use it naked

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I'm in the same boat. Nothing I have is as good as I want. So far the case that I have been most satisfied with is the Body Glove case I got at the AT&T store. It has a great feel in the hand. It has pretty poor drop protection thought since its a soft tpu case.

What I want is a Speck candy shell or grip case. But they can't seem to make any at all or in a design that a man would order.

3. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

You might like the Apple leather case. It gives the phone good grip and looks great.

4. BlkHammer macrumors regular

I would try out ZooGue cases. They are 10 bucks and I believe they are shipping now. Mine shipped but I am on vacation right now so it is sitting in my P.O. Box. However, I have used ZooGue cases for all my iPhone starting with the 4s. I try other slim like cases, but none provide the feel or protection Zoogue case does. They are some pretty awesome cases.

5. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

Try an apple silicone case. Offers great grip and doesn't add much bulk. Also look into a full body protector/wrap from best skins ever. I put one on my plus yesterday and love it. Also adds grip. www.BestSkinsEver.com
    I ended up getting the gloss body protection and matte screen protection.

6. AnnArborHeel macrumors newbie

7. mikeydooodie thread starter macrumors member

The apple leather case would be great but in not a fan of open ended cases for some reason it just doesn't suit me

----------

I noticed most case makers make these flashy looking colored cases while nice it's not something a man would use. Belkin made nice iphone 5 cases but don't seem to have any 6 or plus cases

8. urbanwoodsman macrumors member

just can't seem to find the right case for my plus

I totally understand. I've been to almost every store in NYC looking for cases. At one point, most of the Best Buys had zero cases for the 6+. Usually, my biggest concern was overall protection but that has changed with the 6+. I just want a case that sticks to my hand and doesn't slip around at all.

My first case was the Pelican protector. This was just out of necessity as it was release day weekend and I just needed a case. It's a nice solid case but it's not very grippy. Returned.

Next I went with the navy apple leather case. This case is super thin and has great grip but the price makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off. Also, I don't feel like it protects the phone at all. Returned.

Next up was the tech21 Classic check smokey. This case is cool and has a little bit of grip but it felt like after a bit of use it would loosen up and not fit great. Returned.

Now I have the tech21 tactical case. This is a good case for the price and has decent grip. It's still not up to par though. On cold days it does get a little slick.

Just like everyone I'm waiting on one of the big guys to have cases readily available. With all the issues otter box is having the last thing I want to do is order a case and have to return it. I'll wait until I can see them at best buy or something. I did get to see some of the Element cases at Tekserve. They of course only have 6 cases right now but I figure they will have 6+ cases soon. The Ion seems cool.

9. mikeydooodie thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm in nyc also. Can't find anything. Still wish I could use makes but one drop and a scratch I would die lol

10. foreplay macrumors member

mine is solid as well

already dropped it on a corner on pavement and it held up well

11. spiderpumpkin macrumors member

ditto

12. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Case Mate Tough case for the 6 plus was the case for me. Provides adequete protection all around the phone.

13. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I've returned more cases than my credit card account can list on one page..... just tried the DualPro Shine and its less slippery than the regular dual pro. But it will get returned as well.

Candyshell grip may well be the one I stick with.

14. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I settle down with my Incipio Dualpro shine..
    Love it so far!!

15. mikeydooodie thread starter macrumors member

gonna order the DP shine in gold, wish it had white accents tho :rolleyes:

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

The only issue I had with the DualPro shine is it adds more bulk than it should.

17. johnc22 macrumors 6502

I have the regular Dual Pro and am happy with it. It does add some bulk but is nice and grippy with a soft matte backing. I'm still looking for a good leather case, maybe Vaja.

18. bmdub macrumors member

bmdub

Tech21 Tactical

I surprisingly got my SG 128 6+ last Friday, well before my anticipated date of December so I frantically searched Sam's and Walmart for something immediate and ended up with a gross BodyGlove. I returned it last night in favor of the now permanent solution of Tech21 Tactical and a Zagg Glass.

I am usually an OtterBox guy but I love the Tech21! It feels great. No sharp edges (I thought the BodyGlove was going to cause a flesh wound). And the protection is out of this world from what I've seen and found researching it. I highly suggest this case for OtterBoxer's. I will not be buying an OtterBox thanks to the Tech21.

Also, just an fyi, if you have not been to Best Buy, you should. Mine had a TON of 6 and 6+ cases, most that you could try before you buy.

19. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I have a 6 Plus and I tried out the Tech21 Tactical case for a while. It is a good case, but not as good on the 6 Plus as on the 6 (I briefly had a 6 before I exchanged it for a 6 Plus). On the iPhone 6, the Tech21 Tactical was rock solid, but on the 6 Plus, it is just a little bit loose. Also, there is almost no lip at all if you use a tempered glass screen protector. I have a Zagg Glass on my 6 Plus, and it felt like it was practically flush with the lip on the Tech21 Tactical. Don't get me wrong--I think it is still a good case, and much better than many alternatives for the 6 Plus, but it is not perfect.
    What did I switch to? The brand new Thule Atmos X3 for the 6 Plus. This case has everything I was looking for in a 6 Plus case. The only thing that I have found wrong with it is a slightly undersized lightning cutout. Other than that, I am in love. I did a short YouTube video on the case if anyone is interested:

http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g

20. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

That would be great if I could try them before I buy them as I too haven't found the perfect case yet but how can you do that without opening up the packages?.

21. fongyuen macrumors 6502

actually, i've found that a lot of the packaging can be opened for you to at least touch the material, if not outright take out and test it out on your phone.

I just got my zoogue social for the 6+ yesterday and my brief impressions are here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1783652&page=34

Coming from the Body Glove satin case, the zoogue feels a little too flimsy. Will live with it for now since it was relatively cheap $10. Would be nice to have a protective case that doesn't add too much bulk.

22. bmdub macrumors member

bmdub

That's the great thing...they were MEANT to be opened! Most of the ones I saw have the plastic snap closure on them.

----------

I've got the Xtremeguard Spartan Glass on right now and I see what you mean. Part of the reason I decided to splurge and go ahead with the Tech21 and the Zagg Glass is the lifetime warranty on the Glass that god forbid I do drop it face down, I can get it replaced. I can't view your video right now, sorry if it answers, but how is the lip on the Thule?

23. Ramio, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

If I take it out of the package and try it on my phone, you think the best buy employee will be ok with that?. I really would want to do that because I'm really sick of buying cases based on reviews without actually trying them out.

----------

thays what I'm trying to find. A slim case that offers protection. The ones I bought that were actually protective made the phone too bulky.

24. ArtVandelay29 macrumors regular

How much bulk does it add to the 6+? On their website it doesn't look particularly bulky, but real world experience can be different.

25. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Honestly doesnt add that much bulk at all. It still seems slim. Adds better grip and protection all around too.