iPad Pro Just confirming this IS possible...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chukwithak, Oct 30, 2018.

1. chukwithak macrumors regular

With the launch of the new mini and IPP, I'm thinking about picking up the 12" IPP and the Mac mini riding the MacBook Pro and old IPP. Essentially I want to use the IPP for mobility, as in taking to school for taking notes, reading books, and drawing, and then when home at the desk, using the IPP as a monitor to the Mac mini, with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.

2. loybond macrumors 6502

Did you mean you wanted to use the iPad Pro in some kind of remote desktop scenario with the Mac Mini? That might work, but I don't think they've enabled the functionality to use the iPad Pro AS a monitor via USB-C if that's what you're thinking.

3. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

I use this app to remotely control my Mini - Screens

I don’t think you would want to use this as a primary screen due to lag, but it’s great for remoting to the device for occasional tasks.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Yes Ive done this. I used duet display to display my mac mini onto my iPad. I will say however, that sometimes I did have trouble when restarting the mac mini, and duet display didnt launch correctly. So I had to connect it to my TV or use a remote app like splashtop to go and turn it back on.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21114303/

5. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

For info, you can re-boot with Screens no problem

6. chukwithak thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, this exactly what I want to do. I've read it can be down well with Duet, and would assume with the new technology and USB-C it should be easier, but want to double check. Allows me to have my most needed device, the iPad, but also update my CPU (MacBook Pro) at a minimal cost. I only use the CPU for javascript programs in school.