Just curious. How do you transfer photos from the Verizon iphone to pc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexjones, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Alexjones macrumors 6502

Are the photos in the phone transferred to the PC hard drive via data cable? The last Verizon phone i had made me email my photos to myself. The memory from the phone was not readable by my PC. Truly a bummer.

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I know we're going to have to put up with a few days of this, but I'm going to make a statement anyway, and it should get a sticky.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ATT iPHONE AND THE VERIZON iPHONE EXCEPT FOR THE TYPE OF CELLULAR VOICE/DATA IT USES.

The only time you need to consider what carrier your iPhone is on, or tell us which one it is when asking for help, is if the issue is about cellular data/voice or issues with the carrier company. Problems with software (except in limited circumstances where an app needs to be updated for the CDMA baseband, such as GPS apps), both from the app store and bundled, problems with WiFi, and questions about features will almost always be the same across all iPhone 4 models. You can often search to find these answers, instead of worrying that the solution you found is "only for the ATT iPhone." It's the same

OP, just to clarify, I'm not trying to be mean or insult your intelligence, I just hope others will read this and realize this, and that it will make the lives of both those seeking help and those offering help on these forums easier. I can see why you would be confused if you haven't had any experience with the iPhone before.

3. belvdr macrumors 603

That's not true.

4. doubleaa macrumors regular

I have not transferred pictures to a pc yet but for those reading this thread the easiest way to do it on a Mac is to use image capture. I believe this only applies to OS X 10.5 and later though.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this may not be the correct place to post this, but I agree with you and I want to add that also stating the memory capacity or color is not vital information.

People who say I have a Black 32GB iPhone 4 and need help, I think just iPhone 4 is good enough (or 3GS, 3G etc...), theirs no need to identify the carrier (unless it is a carrier specific question), storage capacity or color.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

You mean you don't want to hear about the trouble I'm having with my 24GB white T-Mobile iPhone 4G?

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

yes it is. That article is about the chip inside the phone that determines what kind of cellular data it can use, which is exactly what I stated. I didn't get into the exact physical differences that cause that to be the case, which is, of course, the chip you just linked to. However, the only thing that chip affects is the type of voice/data the phone can access. The other part about the vibration motor should have no affect on any software related issues, nor almost all hardware issues unless they pertain specifically to the vibrate switch, in which case the solution will almost always be a visit to the genius bar, no matter what exact model of phone you have

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Past thread:

Q. The outside of my iPhone 3G has tiny cracks. Help?

A. Is it white?

Future thread:

Q. I have an iPhone 4G and I get light bleed from my flash onto my photos. Help?

A. Is it white ?

Color can be important :)

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

point taken.:)

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

the future thread point may be valid (not sure if the white iPhone causes flash issues), but the only reason the color mattered on the cracked 3G was because the cracks were more noticeable on the white version. The black version was equally likely to crack, it was just MUCH harder to notice those cracks. Apple would replace your phone on the spot for cracks no matter the color of the device

11. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

The release of the white iPhone 4g has been postponed while they find a proper fix for the camera flash. It was on macrumors about a week ago. :)

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

oh I must have missed that one

so I guess putting a black ring around that area is out of the question...? That would have fixed it months ago. But I'm sure apple would rather not release it than tarnish their design like that