Just curious, iPhone 7 Plus Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FriantAustinC, Sep 11, 2016.

1. FriantAustinC macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

So, I pre-ordered the iPhone 7 Plus in Black, 256GB (wanted the jet black but my gut told me that cld be a bad idea with fingerprints and micro scratches). They said the arrival date would be on September 28th. I guess I am just confused as to why I would have to wait to recieve it until then when it's released on the 16th. What is the point in the pre-order when those who dont will have their phones day of? I dont usually pre-order, I always get mine day of but I wanted it to be more hassle free this year and stay home. Do the phones usually arrive before the date they quote you? Any help appreciated. Thanks all!

2. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

There are literally 1000 threads asking the same exact question.

3. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Oops sorry I am not on here that often. Just came and asked my qstn lol. Thanks.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Supply was limited and pre-order is first come first serve. So they ran out of stock for Sept 16 so that is why your date is pushed back.

5. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Thanks, that makes sense then, as I did not pre-order until the morning of September 10th. I guess I will have to be impatiently patient lol. Thanks again!

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The black colours seem to be highly constrained this year. There are many that pre-ordered within the first few minutes and still didn't get a launch day delivery date.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

It's a good idea to do a quick search to see if any similar threads have been created before started a new one. It'll save some harassment later. :D

8. FriantAustinC thread starter macrumors newbie

FriantAustinC

Thanks for the advice. Dont want to annoy anyone.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

No worries. I've annoyed more than a few people myself. :)

10. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

People get annoyed too easily. If you don't want to read something don't read it...