Just Curious

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by john2006wright, Jul 12, 2007.

1. john2006wright macrumors regular

Has anyone ever attempted to build thier own computer and install Mac OS. Why is not possible?:confused:

2. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

People have, it is possible, however as far as i know its still illegal and VERY buggy (and i'm not sure of macrumors stance on talking about it). Google is your friend.

just buy a mac - its a million times easier and a much better experience.

3. john2006wright thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know it was illegal. But anyway, I wouldn't know where to begin building my own computer. I was just curious why people don't do it. Thanks for the info

Sorry MR if I wasn't suppose to mention this.:eek:

4. Mac21ND macrumors 6502a

Mac21ND

I think the previous poster was referring to the software agreement that's part of purchasing Mac OS X. Basically, when you purchase OS X, you click through a few set up screens full of small, legal text. By clicking "agree" or "next" you're agreeing to use OS X on an Apple computer only.

I don't think the US or UK government is going to hunt you down if you try to install OS X on your own homemade computer, it's just doing so is technically against the terms and conditions of using the software.

Your question was cool for MR. Again, I think the poster was just suggesting that you're not going to find detailed instructions on MR for doing what you're doing. I'm sure there's plenty of, well, suggestions out there on Google on how to use OS X for doing this.