Just did a hard reset and lost all my texts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Aug 21, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i just did a hard reset and when it loaded all my texts were gone even though their was still a number one in front of my sms icon, so i then just did a normal power off and on and when it turned back on, the 1 infront of my sms icon was gone and also my messages were still gone.

i had nothing important on the sms since i clear all my messages at night, but is this something with the new firmware?

i bet no one else had this problem.

i don't think its hardware, but still wtf apple has such weird bugs.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

When your phone does a hard reset it won't go back to like it was when you turned it off. It's normal.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

I done hard resets before and my texts were never erased. Hard reset is when u hold power button and home button

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

at seems weird that texts would get erased since they wouldn't before. Not that I do hard restarts that often. Anyone else ever get this

5. stangdude22 macrumors member

Justed tested it, Hard reset (home+sleep for 10 seconds) all text are still there

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

^ thats what i thought. and i have done a hard reset before in the past maybe 2 times with this phone or maybe once and i always kept my texts

why did they delete this time around?

software glitch?

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Can happen - I went from UK to Brussels and back. DId a little roaming in Brussels. Lost all my texts when going back to the UK side. No idea why roaming would have done it.

8. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

9. yode macrumors 6502

isnt doing thatj ust like turning the phone off and on? which shouldn't affect texts at all

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Text messages are one of the many things stored in the backups that iTunes does. If you need to get them back, restore from backup... hopefully you haven't run another backup since then, cause if you did they're no longer accessible. Of course, any text messages received since your last backup will not be restored.

11. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

^ i dont back up my phone everytime i plug it in. unless itunes does it automatically

they weren't important texts.

like i said i delete my sms texts everynight, all of them.

i have yet to have a really important one to save, if i need to save something i email it to myself.

my concern was that my phone is messed up or something, because i did a hard reset and the texts were gone and a number one was in front of the sms app and then i did a normal power off and on and the number one was gone and the texts were still gone too.