Just did Itunes Match - I have a few questions

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by robjulo, Aug 3, 2012.

1. robjulo macrumors 65816

Yesterday I signed up for Match.

First, it matched most of my stuff but on a few items, it matched all songs except one. Is there any way to get it to try again to match?

Second, I have a couple of iPads an Iphone, how do I easily get the new matched songs, the ones at higher quality to replace the lower quality versions on the IPAD and Iphone. I'm sure there is an easier way than deleting the songs one by one.

How often will it "rescan" my computer. For example, if I rip a CD today, will it automatically go to the cloud to match?

Is there any easier way to replace the lower quality songs on my computer than creating a smart playlist with songs <256 that are matched and then deleting those songs, then re-downloading those. I'm very surprised there isn't a simple replace with higher quality feature on the mac and iOS products.

Thanks for any help!

2. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

I have some of these same questions.

Also, I had read previously that it will replace "explicit" versions of songs with "clean" versions. Is that issue still happening or has it been corrected?

Thanks,
    m&c

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Someone correct me if any of this has changed.

Yes, but the results will be the same. Delete the song from iTunes Match and iTunes and re-rip it. However, folks (including me) have had songs match without doing this so either Apple is adding more songs or there was a glitch.

Turn off iTunes Match and turn off Music Syncing. That will delete all songs on your iDevice. If you put everything back via playlists you can download all songs in a playlist with one tap.

Yes, but it may not happen immediately. IIRC ine has always sent the info to iTunes Match within 10 or 15 minutes. You can also manually update iTunes Match from iTunes.

Unfortunately, no.

4. robjulo thread starter macrumors 65816