Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
So I just did a restore of iOS 8.1.2 on my iPhone 5s, and am now restoring from my backup. It's battery seems to get only around 5 hours, so AppleCare suggested I try a restore. If this doesnt work I dont want to do a restore and start fresh; just too annoying.
What do you guys think, will a fresh reinstall of the OS possibly fix the battery issues I have been having?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hard to say as we do not know why the battery is discharging this fast. Have you checked your battery health? If it is good look in settings and see if it indicates which program is using all the power.

If that does not show a problem, you have little left to do except to restore. Things like reception and what you are doing with your phone for those 5 short hours have alot to do with it!

Idefix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
You still have to go thru all the settings, turning off stuff like bluetooth, turning off auto-brightness, turning off the EQ settings in music, etc.

Apple turns some of those back on, in spite of any backups with everything turned off...

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Hard to say as we do not know why the battery is discharging this fast. Have you checked your battery health? If it is good look in settings and see if it indicates which program is using all the power.

If that does not show a problem, you have little left to do except to restore. Things like reception and what you are doing with your phone for those 5 short hours have alot to do with it!

AppleCare check the health and it was fine. I have disabled several settings to help save battery life. My usage varies, but often the top battery consumer is Safari.

----------

My phone is now just as it was before, as far as restoring from the backup goes. So now ill see if this reinstall of iOS 8.1.2 helps my battery at all.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
AppleCare check the health and it was fine. I have disabled several settings to help save battery life. My usage varies, but often the top battery consumer is Safari.

----------

My phone is now just as it was before, as far as restoring from the backup goes. So now ill see if this reinstall of iOS 8.1.2 helps my battery at all.

Keep us posted.

Hope it is now good

Merry Christmas!

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Be coming through Jacksonville, hope we do not hit each other on 95!

FL is so flat, I hate not being able to see above everything.

Enjoy!

Haha, we actually are taking the alt route; through Atlanta. It takes an hour longer but it is worth it cause you avoid having to drive through those mountains in the snow.
I prefer the nice winter weather in FL over the mountains; but it sure is a nice escape when we do get up there in the winter!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.