Just discovered a really great app for my MacBook Pro, I really like it

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I just discovered an app called Magnet and it cost me a buck but it was totally worth it for me. It helps you manage windows really well.

I like to watch youtube while working. So I put the youtube window in the 1/3 right and use the rest of the 2/3's to do other stuff. It's great.

Chancha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
I have used Moom since 10.6, it was perhaps one of the first utility apps that managed windows in this fashion on OS X. I heard the newer alternatives offer even more functions but Moom does all that I need and I am used to the controls of it (drag to edge, mouse-over traffic light buttons for grid division etc)

john.simatos

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2017
I use BetterSnapTool. BetterTouchTool also includes the same functionalities but with WAY more features, including touch bar features.
How are you finding BTT? I found it crashed and caused issues with the touch bar, like disappearing buttons, until I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. Never again for me.

Reactions: lauramayer

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
How are you finding BTT? I found it crashed and caused issues with the touch bar, like disappearing buttons, until I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. Never again for me.
I have used BTT for years and am also using it on my new 13" TB MBP. No issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.