Just discovered a really great app for my MacBook Pro, I really like it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hieveryone, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

I just discovered an app called Magnet and it cost me a buck but it was totally worth it for me. It helps you manage windows really well.

I like to watch youtube while working. So I put the youtube window in the 1/3 right and use the rest of the 2/3's to do other stuff. It's great.

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I use BetterSnapTool. BetterTouchTool also includes the same functionalities but with WAY more features, including touch bar features.

3. Chancha macrumors 6502a

I have used Moom since 10.6, it was perhaps one of the first utility apps that managed windows in this fashion on OS X. I heard the newer alternatives offer even more functions but Moom does all that I need and I am used to the controls of it (drag to edge, mouse-over traffic light buttons for grid division etc)

4. john.simatos macrumors newbie

How are you finding BTT? I found it crashed and caused issues with the touch bar, like disappearing buttons, until I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. Never again for me.

5. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

Yoink is really good for multiple spaces, with a drag and drop window that you can delay dropping until you have setup a folder on the other space or screen.

6. dangerfish macrumors 6502

I have used BTT for years and am also using it on my new 13" TB MBP. No issues.