Just discovered Coherence mode in Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by charlien, Jul 7, 2011.

1. charlien, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

charlien macrumors regular

For the past couple years I've been running Parallels or VMWare Fusion on my MBP so I can run MS Outlook. I always ran in window mode which was, well kind of ugly. Yesterday I stumbled on a youtube video demonstrating Coherence mode and gave it a try. Wow, no looking back here. It blends the two operating systems applications on the Mac desktop very well.

I'm posting this here in hopes of others seeing it and giving it a try if they haven't.

For those wondering why I run Windows Outlook instead of the Mac version. I sync my Outlook contacts with Google contacts using Soocial and Outlook calendar with Google calendar with Google Sync. Neither work with the Mac version.

2. pazz macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why not just get an exchange service?

Outlook included with Office 2011 syncs with my exchange server with no problems.

3. charlien thread starter macrumors regular

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

5. charlien thread starter macrumors regular

I used Crossover during my fling with Linux. It worked well for some applications but never really considered it for my Mac.