Just don't even try to preorder from Staples

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iphnhelp, Apr 1, 2016.

1. iphnhelp macrumors regular

Preordered the 9.7 Pro from Staples on Monday. It was scheduled to be delivered today. But this morning I checked the status and it was canceled! I ordered from them for credit card rewards but I'm just gonna go to Apple and get it this morning. Just a warning in case anyone thinks about ordering from Staples in the future. Pretty risky.

2. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Staples regularly cancels pre-orders - frankly for iPads, it's a given that you can pick them up in store on launch day. They are nowhere nearly as popular as iPhones.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

What he said.

After my terrible experience with Target during the iPhone 5 launch, I'll buy from the carriers or Apple only.

4. omgitsbees macrumors member

The retailers that do not specialize in mobile devices are going to generally be awful for pre-orders, especially on devices as popular as anything Apple launches.

5. shftoptk macrumors member

shftoptk

I have had bad luck from everyone besides apple honestly. Even ATT lost my iphone 4s package (although it may have been a fedex problem, but still)

6. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

From what I can tell during the great "Apple Smart Keyboard and pencil shortage", the only retailer who had quick and reliable deliveries was Best Buy. Apple is also reliable, but their wait times for those accessories were terrible.

7. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

I either buy from Apple or Costco. Purchase anywhere else and you're asking for problems.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I can not imagine ordering an Apple product from Staples.

9. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I pre-ordered mine without issue, got a call the same day to confirm. I guess they're just really cautious about large purchases.
    The downside is that my iPad won't get there until April 18th :mad:
    I wish I lived a little less rural and actually had the option to have it shipped directly to me.