just don't know what to do

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyAppleWorld, Nov 18, 2013.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

OK

So I sold my 13" cMBP because I hated the weight, no standby feature and slow HDD.

I decided to get the 13" MBA because it beats all those things hands down.

I was torn about getting 13" rMBP but worried about UI lag, i've done lots of testing at the apple store and even resizing a webpage in safari sometimes isn't smooth. It gives the impression of a slow computer, even though technically speaking it isn't slow.

I love this MBA screen brightness, battery life and weight - but I'm getting headaches! This 1440x900 screen just makes things too small. Compared to 1280x800 on the cMBP, things look too small to me. Will i get used to this? Should i live with it and use safari zoom as a compromise? (I mostly do web browsing) Retina screen on 13" would resolve this, I would get back my 1280x800 display !

So worried about being disappointed with the lag though! This MBA flies!

2. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Unless you can think of a way to stop getting headaches from your MBA, I think it's pretty clear it's not going to work out for you...

I suspect the lag issue on the rMBP will improve with future software updates. No guarantee, though.

Personally, I'd much rather live with a bit of lag than use a headache-inducing display. That's just common sense, no?

3. madflava54 macrumors member

I would go get your eyes checked and probably need glasses.

4. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

It just isn't natural to stare at a screen for any length of time. It isn't just ones eyes' it is everything, healthy life style, physical activity, nutrition and happiness. if everything is balanced then you'll improve.

Headaches are real and not fun, I wish you all the best, spend more time outside and wear those shades.

5. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I'm short sighted and correction with my glasses is better than 20/20

The problem i have is sat in bed with MBA on my lap - if I raise it with a pillow it's better. I never had to use a pillow with a 1280x800 screen!

Wish my retina would hurry up and despatch so I can compare side by side!