Just downgraded back to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cchunk, Aug 2, 2013.

1. cchunk macrumors 6502

So I had beta 4 on my 4s hoping it would resolve my huge battery issue that would kill the battery from whatever % i was at straight to 1% then die infront of my eyes. Beta 4 didnt do the job so i tried the restore as new and all that stuff. So i was forced to downgrade back down to 6. However, the issue is still happening which means it is my phone that is the problem....

And im out of warranty so i have to wait for the new iphone. Has anyone had or even heard of this problem?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. cchunk thread starter macrumors 6502

I have restored as new twice. I restored to ios 6 then to beta 4. and then just restored 7 as new.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

DFU Restore.

Google iPhone battery tips. You probably have a backgrounded app using location services, your screen is too bright or your'e using Bluetooth.

5. cchunk thread starter macrumors 6502

No background apps running, location is on for weather only, i've set all emails to manual. brightness is on low and manual, bluetooth is never on. Ive honestly tried everything haha :confused:

6. pottyvick macrumors regular

Is it literally going down one percentage at a time? or do you mean after like an hour or so?

7. cchunk thread starter macrumors 6502

No, ive seen it drop by like 2% at a time, but ive also seen it drop from a high % like 80, to 1% instantly and then dies. It wont turn on until i charge it and as soon as it charges it turns on back to the 80% it was at.

Im not sure if this matters, but the usage and standby times are always the same. or 0.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

That does matter, because something is obviously using your battery. I find it weird that a restore wouldn't fix this. Have you tried bringing it to Apple?

9. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Wouldn't this be better off in the iPhone troubleshooting forum or something, since the issue doesn't really have anything to do with iOS 7?

10. pottyvick macrumors regular

I would suggest taking it to the apple store anyway, they might be able to work a deal to replace the battery... seems like its dying..

11. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

go to the apple store and ask them to replace the battery. It wont be free but itll be cheaper than an out of warranty replacement.

12. cchunk thread starter macrumors 6502

Im out of warranty already though. I am better off just doing it myself if thats the case. I know how to and stuff, just wasnt sure if anyone else has had the same issue

13. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

yup and thats why the battery replacement wont be free. and that way, although youll spend more (probably like $90), youll know its using genuine apple parts and wont explode/electrocute you.

sounds funny but ive had my fair share of lemons with bad 'ebay' batteries (bulging, overheating etc) to know its just not worth it.

14. pottyvick macrumors regular

Not sure but the replacement may have a warranty with it... but i could be wrong...